Fronius inverter integration

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone is having issue with their Fronius sensors being unavailable?

My fronius inverter is still accessible via the LAN IP address. So I don’t think it is a network connection issue.

Hi @reesion
Do you have SNMP configured on your HA instance?
If so I have found they don’t work together.

Hi Ben,

Spot on! They came back online the moment I disabled all my SNMP sensors. Thanks for the pointer!

This is weird, I had SNMP configured alongside with the Fronius integration previously and they worked fine until I updated my SNMP sensors earlier today which broke everything.

Hi Reesion,

Yeh its strange. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.
Looks like at least 3-4 people have seen this issue so seems like it’s a real bug.
Until its found the easy workaround seems to be to disable snmp.

I do noticed that it is not all SNMP sensors that causes the issue.

I have SNMP sensors for my NASes (Synology and ReadyNAS) and they are working fine without breaking the Fronius integration.

It is just the APC UPSes SNMP sensors that is breaking the Fronius integration. Can’t actually determine which code causes the issue as it is quite inconsistent.

For those who want to get SNMP working (just like me), they will need to keep trying and comment out which SNMP sensors that is causing the issue. I managed to get most of my SNMP sensors working along with Fronius integration

Hi All,

Is there anyway we can update the Fronius sensor to get String MPPT1 and MPPT2 voltage/Watts? Also adding Inverter temp?

This guys code seems it can be done?

// API URL - Fronius

// API URL - Fronius

$inverterDataURL = “http://”.$dataManagerIP."/solar_api/v1/GetArchiveData.cgi?Scope=System&StartDate=".$date."&EndDate=".$date."&Channel=Voltage_DC_String_1&Channel=Current_DC_String_1&Channel=Voltage_DC_String_2&Channel=Current_DC_String_2&Channel=Temperature_Powerstage";

Bob

1 Like

Hi All,

I have managed to solve the issue (not sure if it applies to all of you encountering the issue, at least it resolved my issue).

I created a separate SNMP community name and locked the access down to only my Home Assistant IP address instead of having 0.0.0.0.

Maybe @brom or @rybackisback can confirm this?

Its a very odd bug and I found the replication unreliable.
Sometimes I would only see an issue after a second reboot of home assistant.

I have also had the issue on multiple HA hardware platforms (raspberry pi and virtual x86 machine)

I was not able to fix it in a reliable way and ended up removing SNMP within HA.

@reesion Weird that using a different SNMP community would impact it. Whatever works I guess.

Hi @reesion im not sure what you mean by “I created a separate SNMP community name and locked the access down to only my Home Assistant IP address instead of having 0.0.0.0” Can you provide more detailed steps and I can try and replicate it.

For me its my Readynas 516 SNMP integration that breaks the fronius integration. I haven’t managed to narrow it down to which sensor in particular. I have commented out all of the readynas snmp sensors.

By default the ReadyNAS will have the ‘Community’ set to public and rest of the SNMP settings blank.

Please see screenshot below for default settings.

Try changing the ‘Community’ and ‘Host Allowed Access’. (Host Allowed Access will be your Home Assistant IP address)

Hi @reesion thanks for the screenshots. I already had the HA IP in my SNMP config on the nas. After reading your post I changed the community name from public to hassio and now the SNMP and the fronius integration both are being shown as unavailable.

Did you update the community name in your codes for the ReadyNAS sensors?

I didn’t originally. So I went back and added community to the readynas sensors in HA. Now I have readynas sensors running but it still breaks the fronius integration.

Hmm…I think the fix is a bit inconsistent. Are you using the custom fronius integration by safepay ?

Yes the safepay integration.

I don’t think I can input much now. Maybe @nilrog or @safepay can help.

Hi Bob,

I did it via MODBUS, you can try it as well - i posted details here:

For temp values MODBUS is also a good option, however I did not bother with that. But the registers are there, the data can be read.

After updating the ha core to 2021.06 I re-enabled NAS SNMP sensors and it now works without breaking the fronius integration. Running fronius integration v0.95

hi, how did you solve the 0.0 in consumption?

thanks

Hi

Unfortunately, I am not using that card anymore. Maybe post your code and I can try to help identify the issue?