Fronius power meter (and inverter) - help with configuration

Honestly, i’m not sure how much of a difference there is. i’m running HassOS on an RP3. Do I need to adjust something in my settings?

Problem is I do not get the energy values. In the JSON-file, I get the power values. However, I do not get it as an entity into my HA.

So I think, I do have a problem with my config settings. I have adjusted my config as follows:

sensor:
  - platform: fronius
    resource: http://192.168.8.xxx
    monitored_conditions:
    - sensor_type: logger_info
    - sensor_type: inverter
      scope: device
    - sensor_type: meter
      device: 1
    - sensor_type: storage
      device: 0
    - sensor_type: power_flow
      device: 1

Any ideas?

It makes a difference in how to join the beta - that’s what you asked. Anyway 2021.12 will be released later today - just update then and see if the entities appear.

Thx, for the fast reply. I will wait and update later.

Hello,

I’m a bit confused with all paramertes. The new gui fronius integration show me 3 devices, smart meter, solarnet and symo.

First question, is Energy dashboard in real time? The diagram with grid, solar and house, or i have to config the custom card for realtime stats?

Second i have the following sensors detected by the energy dashboard:

• Energy day fronius inverter
  • Energy real consumed meter
  • Energy real produced meter
  • Energy total inverter
  • Energy year inverter

But I’m not sure what sensors are from Grid, Solar Panel, etc.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Edit: Sorry all info required is on the fronius integration documentantion…

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/fronius/

no its updated once per hour and only shows energy - so consumed or produced. Not power - which would be instantaneous. This is different, and a little confusing imho, to the (very similar) Fronius diagram they show in their Apps and Solarweb.

Glad you found it :smiley:

I seem to be missing the “energy real consumed” and “energy real produced” entities. I only have the following entities:

• CO₂ factor
  • Grid export tariff
  • Grid import tariff
  • Power battery
  • Power grid
  • Power load
  • Power photovoltaics
  • Relative autonomy
  • Relative self consumption
  • AC Current
  • AC power
  • DC current
  • DC voltage
  • Energy day
  • Energy total
  • Energy year

Fronius device: Symo 10.0-3-M.
Installed Fronius via integrations page (no yaml).
Is anyone able to help me correctly configure my Fronius integration so I can use the energy dashboard? Thanks.

Do you own a Fronius SmartMeter? If not, you will not get entities deriving from its responses.

Well this is embarrassing. I have a Fronius inverter, but it seems my meter is Solar Analytics. Back to the drawing board I suppose. Thanks for your fast response.

Is it connected to the Fronius inverter (eg. via the S0 connector)?

Hello together

I have a Fronius Gen24 with a BYD battery in use. Since the new Fronius integration in Home Assistant has been running, I cannot find an entity that shows me the battery charge level in %.

What do I have to do to find this entity?

I am very grateful for any support.

That’s odd, it should be there.
On the devices page Open your Home Assistant instance and show your devices. what entities does your battery device contain?

Hello @farmio,

I appreciate the new user-friendly implementation. However, I’m really missing a way to configure scan_interval, which could be set before in configuration.yaml. The reason is that I’m load balancing using the individual sensors for Current, and one minute interval is too much to do reliable load balancing if the goal is to avoid blowing a fuse. 10 seconds seems more reasonable for these purposes. Aggregate load is available from power flow, but unfortunately aggregate data is not really useful for my purposes.

Is there currently a way to set scan_interval?

1 Like

scan_interval is a deprecated concept in HA.
Use system options in the integration menu and deactivate automatic polling. Then set up an automation calling the update_entity service for one entity of each device (power_flow and logger need their own even if they share a device).

I could not find any proper documentation for this, but that is the way HA core devs want it to work.
Don’t ask me why it is not allowed to set this up in the entity options.

That said. I think relying on this setup (HA, Fronius API, a network stack) to avoid burning your house down isn’t the best idea. Maybe reconsider using something solid an electrician would sign off too.

2 Likes

Thanks, found the automation workaround (which indeed it seems to be!). My use case is for controlling an EVSE charger (go-echarger), and only in very rare instances would the main fuse actually be at risk if the setup failed completely. Mostly it’s for limiting peak import hours. But you’re right, I will have to look into additional failsafes, like the charger shutting down if HA is unresponsive.

1 Like

Fronius inverters do offer digital IO pins for these kind of things.

Really? Did not know that. Within the inverter, or the smart meter? I’ll have to look into whether it could be compatible with the go-e. Fronius are producing their own EVSE based on the go-e, so it’s certainly not inconceivable.

The Symo inverters have it, I’d be surprised if the Gen24 didn’t. It’s just a pin that can trigger a Relais on different conditions.

I have 3 Device:
and in the devices i have a lot of entities:

I see not "battery charge level in %

1 Like

try reloading the integration. There should be a battery device too.
What firmware version does your Gen24 inverter have?