Fronius power meter (and inverter) - help with configuration

Restarting the integration did nothing

Try updating the firmware. There should be 1.14 out now.
What does curl http://<FRONIUS_IP>/solar_api/v1/GetStorageRealtimeData.cgi?Scope=System yield for your inverter?
How was it configured before (yaml)?

Thank you very much for your support.

I will try to make an update tomorrow. I no longer have the old ā€œyamlā€. But I will try to restore a backup tomorrow.

before you do the update, Iā€™d be really interested in the output of former mentioned command :wink: maybe there is some incompatibility that can be fixed

I added my Fronius inverter and smart meter via the fronius intergration. Power from grid and solar production values come through, but Iā€™m not getting any feedin to grid data. The ā€˜real energy producedā€™ field is reading zero. Any idea on why the value isnā€™t correct?

There is definitely power going back to grid.

What value does meter_location have?

Meter_location has a value of ā€˜1ā€™

Aha! This means ā€œconsumption pathā€.
ā€œgrid interconnection pointā€ where you could measure the returned energy would be 0.

With a consumption path meter youā€™d need to calculate grid return.
Or it is set wrongly, depends on how itā€™s really installed.

Is this something that could be changed, and if so what are the implications?

I think this is set in the inverters web Ui. Not sure about the implications. I guess it will calculate the data wrongly if set wrong - for the API and Solar.web.

@farmio For some reason Iā€™m unable to get below 10 seconds with the Fronius integration. Using REST and parsing json, Iā€™m able to poll the inverter with 1 second intervals. Both methods rely on a script that repeatedly triggers update_entity with a delay equal to an input_number entity.

Yes, that is due to a denounce mechanism in HAs standard request scheduler (the DataUpdateCoordinator - see core/update_coordinator.py at 1f35ad08e22d6e7d0bdee4ecfb1f0835de059249 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub)
This is a core feature of HA.

Wonder if anyone can assist:

Iā€™ve had my Fronius integration with the HA Energy module working fine for a couple of months but I updated to Home Assistant 2021.12.6 today and that changed all the Fronius entities. I think I worked my way round those in my other set ups but Iā€™m having trouble updating the Energy module configuration to get it working again.

This is what I see:

The old entities I had used are now showing as Entity not defined, and I added the suggested new entities for the Grid Consumption and Return to the Grid values but Iā€™m not getting outputs showing on the Energy tab. I also canā€™t see anywhere I can remove the old entities from the set up either.

Any tips?

Thanks!

See Energy: cannot remove undefined entities Ā· Issue #61864 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub and the link there how to remove orphan entities.

You seem to have been using the real energy plus entities that are disabled by default - you can maybe just enable these too from the devices panel.

Thanks, I did that (along with removing the new entities I added). Interestingly it has renamed these entities. The Energy module Configuration menu is not showing the error any more:

Will now wait to see what that does. Takes a while for the Energy module to report anything.

Seems to be back to normal operation now. Thanks.

Hello Everybody!

i have the fronius integration up and running as the normal integration over the integrations pageā€¦
Now there is something I realized:
I have 2 inverters running and so I have 2 PV productions. There are 2 values of PV production, on at solarnet witch is right now at ~10 kw, see picture:

at the very same time I have at my local IP adress on that is smaller (because its just the value of the inverter with the IP adress!) and this PV production is also shown in the integration.

Is there any way or possibility to get the combined production or where can I send a bug report to to fix this?
Any suggestions?
Best regards,

alex

Do both have their own datalogger (or are Gen24) with a IP address for each? Then youā€™ll have to add both individually.

Hi Matthias,

you are indeed totally right, I added the IP adress of the second inverter und got another set of values there. Both PV energy flows added where equal to the value shown online in the fronius tool. Thank you for that!
If anybody is doing something similar:
My second inverter is powering off, if there is to less sun for production- this gives the problem, that in HA in general and in special also in the energy tab you will get an error for non numeric sensor:

I made a workaround for that with a new template sensor:

- name: Energiefluss_PV_Symo
        unit_of_measurement: "W"    
        state: >-
          {% set power = states('sensor.power_photovoltaics_fronius_power_flow_0_15') | float %}
          {% if power > 0.0 %} {{ (states('sensor.power_photovoltaics_fronius_power_flow_0_15')| float ) }}
          {% else %} 0.0 {% endif %}
        device_class: power  

And afterwards you can make kwh out of that via riemann:

- platform: integration
    source: sensor.energiefluss_pv_symo
    name: energy_stromerzeugung_PV_power_flow_kwh_2
    unit_prefix: k
    round: 2

Hope this helps if you struggle with the same issueā€¦
Greetz
Alex

Donā€™t you have an Energy total entity from the inverter device? It will go to ā€œunavailableā€ or ā€œunknownā€ when offline but the energy tab should be ok with that. No need for Riemann.
See Fronius - Home Assistant