Fujitsu AC integration - probably a config error

I’ve searched the forum and read this thread

and have installed the Fujitsu integration as detailed here:

I followed those instructions to the letter, copy/paste where possible, and have checked and rechecked multiple times.

When I get HA to check the configuration.yaml prior to a restart I get this error

Platform error climate.fujitsu_general_heatpump - Integration ‘fujitsu_general_heatpump’ not found.

The section in configuration.yaml is as follows:

climate:
  - platform: fujitsu_general_heatpump
    username: [email protected]
    password: xxxxxxxxx

I’m very new to HA and have no idea where to look to troubleshoot this. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I don’t think it will found before a restart. Chicken, meet egg.

Yeah, considered that too. Can’t restart as HA won’t let me.

Do I just power cycle the Pi it’s running on?

If doing this breaks my HA setup, am I likely to still have samba access to edit the configuration.yaml file to delete the offending lines?

Rebooted with a power cycle, no change still won’t accept the fujitsu code.

I suggest an issue on their github.

The github page for the Fujitsu integration states:

This is a platform to support Fujitsu General Airconditioners under Climate component of Home Assistant. The Python supporting library for accessing the FGLair API is located at: GitHub - Mmodarre/pyfujitsu: Python Library for interacting with Fujitsu General split AC API

and maifest.json is

{
    "domain": "https://github.com/Mmodarre/pyfujitsu_for_homeassistant",
    "name": "fujitsu_general_heatpump",
    "documentation": "https://github.com/Mmodarre/pyfujitsu_for_homeassistant/blob/95e3ba879214aa9abf70979185ae189776ba4846/README.md",
    "dependencies": [],
    "codeowners": [],
    "requirements": ["pyfujitsu==0.8.1.1"]
  }

It doesn’t say anything about having to install that library but I’m thinking maybe I have to manually install it?

Would the correct command for this be:

python -m pip install https://github.com/Mmodarre/pyfujitsu

I’m a Linux newbie as well as HA newbie so it’s a very steep learning curve…

No it will be installed for you.

OK, thanks.

Turns out the github code was flawed, there is a forked version here

copied those files over in place of the old ones and configuration check is now fine.

Still no sign of the fujitsu api though, as per instructions in the other thread manually copied the files to

\192.168.0.33\config\deps\lib\python3.8\site-packages

and rebooted but still no fujitsu device anywhere to be found.

Logs will give an idea.

This doesn’t match he config stated in the docs, which requires region and tokenpath.

Wasn’t seeing anything in the logs, but I’ll spend some more time looking through them tonight when I get home. Will post anything that looks relevant.

Docs suggested region and tokenpath both have suitable defaults so I left them out to reduce chance of creating a problem. It states they are optional. Will try with them included later on, thanks for checking up on that.

I can’t see that in the docs, I must have missed it.

Just rebooted HA and now getting errors in the logs, so some progress but not a lot. I think manually adding the fujitsu api files in has kicked it along a bit further, just needed another reboot.

Almost identical log messages to the last post in here

so I’ll move this discussion over there.