Fujitsu AC Remote

Hi,

This week I automated my AC, a Fujitsu ASU12CQ.

For that I used an Arduino Nano with an IR led and a RF433 receiver, the goal is to put it directly into the AC as there is enough space, and I will power it with a transformer. (I didn’t finish the installation at this time, for now the Arduino is hanging on the kitchen counter top :sweat_smile:, but I finished all the code part).

I spent much of my time on decoding the IR sequence. I found some project for this remote but most of them was containing the code for each temperature in each mode etc… It was heavy, so I wanted to generate the IR sequence myself, and, also because the Arduino Nano was not able to store all these codes as the storage is really low.

Here is the architecture of this project:
[HomeAssistant] —> MQTT —> [Fuji MQTT Server] —> RF433 —> [Arduino Nano] —> IR —> [AC]

For HA, I used a MQTT Climate component:

climate:
  platform: mqtt
  name: Climatisation
  initial: 22
  precision: 1.0
  min_temp: 18
  max_temp: 30
  fan_mode_command_topic: fujiac/fan/set
  fan_mode_state_topic: fujiac/state/get
  fan_mode_state_template: "{{ value_json.fan_mode }}"
  mode_command_topic: fujiac/mode/set
  mode_state_topic: fujiac/state/get
  mode_state_template: "{{ value_json.mode }}"
  swing_mode_command_topic: fujiac/swing/set
  swing_mode_state_topic: fujiac/state/get
  swing_mode_state_template: "{{ value_json.swing }}"
  temperature_command_topic: fujiac/temperature/set
  temperature_state_topic: fujiac/state/get
  temperature_state_template: "{{ value_json.temperature }}"
  current_temperature_topic: fujiac/state/get
  current_temperature_template: "{{ value_json.temperature }}"
  modes:
    - "auto"
    - "off"
    - "cool"
    - "dry"
    - "fan_only"
  fan_modes:
    - "auto"
    - "high"
    - "medium"
    - "low"
    - "quiet"
  swing_modes:
    - "on"
    - "off"

Here is the code for the Arduino https://github.com/william57m/fujitsu-ac-arduino
And here is the code for my MQTT server https://github.com/william57m/fujitsu-ac-mqtt-server

And here is a video in action:

1 Like

Hey man. Thank you soon much for posting this. I will emulate your project over the next few weeks and report back.

This is exactly what I was about to start designing!

Hi, have you looked into an IR receiver, for collecting the current state of the AC? Or do the Fujitsus not really work this way?

Also by the way, your video seems to be down.

Cheers

Hey @MattP ,

Yeah not sure I still have the video but I was just controlling my AC through Siri and was showing the Arduino with the IR led.

I first used a IR led receiver to read the commands from the remote of the AC, then analyzed the sequence to be able to generate the right command.
The command is containing everything (temperature, mode, fan power, etc.), it’s not just “increase temperature”, “decrease temperature”, “change mode”, etc. The remote sends everything each time you are doing any action. I don’t know if all AC works this way, I think it’s the one that have a remote with LCD screen that keeps the state in memory and then send everything in one shot.

I hope it helps.

1 Like

Ah thanks, yeah that makes good sense - a good way around having to read state.

Hi @william57m - the mqtt server, is this needed in addition to an existing mqtt server, if I already use one?

Hi @MattP , you must be talking about a MQTT broker (like Mosquitto), right?

This server is listening to your MQTT broker, so when you send a MQTT message from Home Assistant for example it will send it to Mosquitto and this server is listening to Mosquitto for some messages.

Ah so it is like a MQTT client on the arduino. Gotcha.

1 Like