Fujitsu Air Conditioning integration - Airstage dongle

I have an iPhone 12. The crash happens directly after I press the button to start the registration after the wireless connetion. The AC stays connected with the router, but the app crashes immediatly. there is this progress bar with the 3 dots and it just is gone - no timeout, no error report. My eero router tells me it is properly connected to the nearest AP @ 2,5GHz. I’m wondering if I should try to use a different country in the setup…
I will try the app on the MAC now…

If it is connected to your wifi then try the curl command in my last post (substituting your IP address and MAC address) to see if you can interact with it without registering with the app.

If we get a decent HA integration you may not need the airstage app!

@gorstj
ok now I managed to send the correct command with MAC and IP address. And it seems to work fine. Here is the result:

curl -vv -X POST --data '{"device_id":"505A6550B005","device_sub_id":0,"req_id":"","modified_by":"","set_level":"03","list":["iu_wifi_led","iu_af_inc_hrz","iu_af_inc_vrt","iu_indoor_tmp","iu_outdoor_tmp","iu_hmn_det","iu_main_ver","iu_eep_ver","iu_has_upd_main","iu_has_upd_eep","iu_fld_set80"]}' 'http://192.168.5.65/GetParam'
Note: Unnecessary use of -X or --request, POST is already inferred.
*   Trying 192.168.5.65:80...
* Connected to 192.168.5.65 (192.168.5.65) port 80 (#0)
> POST /GetParam HTTP/1.1
> Host: 192.168.5.65
> User-Agent: curl/7.88.1
> Accept: */*
> Content-Length: 270
> Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
> 
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Content-Type: application/json
< Content-Length: 406
< 
* Connection #0 to host 192.168.5.65 left intact
{"value":{"iu_wifi_led":"1","iu_af_inc_hrz":"0","iu_af_inc_vrt":"4","iu_indoor_tmp":"7200","iu_outdoor_tmp":"6600","iu_hmn_det":"0","iu_main_ver":"E101V03P00L02-1","iu_eep_ver":"E000V02P00L01-1","iu_has_upd_main":"1","iu_has_upd_eep":"1","iu_fld_set80":"65535"},"read_res":"ack","device_id":"505A6550B005","device_sub_id":0,"req_id":"","modified_by":"","set_level":"03","cause":"","result":"OK","error":""}%   

Great news.
Now we just need a full on integration!
I’m going to try but I’m a hopeless dabbler in programming!

1 Like

Yes! I’m also not the best one, but I can try helping or debugging. I also have some friends I might be able to activate. I tried some other CURL commands as well I found in this post and I can start/stop the AC as well.

Actually you don’t need the app at all.
Installation Flow:
Connect to the local Airco WIFI with a device.
Find out the Airco IP
Open browser and fill in http://aircoipaddress/aplist?lang=0
Select the local WIFI network you want to join + give in password.
Then the Airco joins your local wifi network.
Find out local ip of the airco that is joined to your wifi network.
Then you can use the rest integration stuff I posted (where you replace it with your airco ip offcourse) and most of it should work.

2 Likes

Yeah no clue on the temperature conversion. I just assumed it was Farenheit * 1000…

I think the only commands we don’t have yet are the ones for the Airflow Direction…

1 Like

This is such good news!! And thank you for pointing us here from the other thread.

I had the same issue and was tearing my hair out, I don’t suppose you have a UniFi router? I did and ended up having to create a new network and associated 2.4Ghz only SSID, the settings that seemed to make it work were:

• Disable BSS Transition
• Disable Multicast Enhancement
• Disable IGMP Snooping

Oh and after endless back and forth with pretty much useless Fuji tech support I did get them to tell me how to get a proper crash log out of Airstage:

1. Launch AIRSTAGE Mobile.
  2. Open the “Setting” tab.
  3. Open the “Environment Setting”
  4. Press and hold “Version” for 5 seconds. Please refer to the image.
  5. [Device_Log.txt] is generated.

In my logs I was getting lots of “getCurrentGatewayIpInWlan]Failed”, hence eventually creating a new LAN on my Unifi DMP with the settings mentioned in other post. The app then registered correctly and works as designed, although I am very excited to replace it with a HA integration.

Thanks a lot for all the support. I do have an eero wireless network combining 2,4 GHz and 5GHz. However I also have a Fritzbox I can configure to broadcast 2,4Ghz only. I might give it a try. I will also try to generate the Logfile. However I’m more looking towards the HA ingetration in order to automate a lot around them.

1 Like

I found this HACS addon which looks like it should allow us to combine all the various REST calls into a Home Assistant Climate entity which would be great. I can’t figure out how to get it all working but you guys might:

Also has anyone worked out how to get and set the operation mode - heat/cool/dry etc?

I have 2 aircons running with the rest commands you posted. Set temp is also not working for me at the moment. However I recognized, that if I paste your code in the template editor I get this result:

{% set bedroomtemp = states('input_number.klima_arbeit_temperatur') * 10 %}
      {"device_id":"DEVICE_ID","device_sub_id":0,"req_id":"","modified_by":"","set_level":"02","value"{"iu_set_temp":"{{ bedroomtemp }}"}}

{
  "device_id": "DEVICE_ID",
  "device_sub_id": 0,
  "req_id": "",
  "modified_by": "",
  "set_level": "02",
  "value": {
    "iu_set_temp": "21.021.021.021.021.021.021.021.021.021.0"
  }
}

when I change the code to convert the sensor into INT I get this result:

{% set bedroomtemp = states('input_number.klima_arbeit_temperatur')  | int  * 10 %}
      {"device_id":"DEVICE_ID","device_sub_id":0,"req_id":"","modified_by":"","set_level":"02","value":{"iu_set_temp":"{{ bedroomtemp }}"}}

{
  "device_id": "DEVICE_ID",
  "device_sub_id": 0,
  "req_id": "",
  "modified_by": "",
  "set_level": "02",
  "value": {
    "iu_set_temp": "210"
  }
}

THis should work, however that still doesn’t give me the desired result to set the temperature. Did you make any progress here?

I solved the SET TEMPERATUR issue. It is a combination of the

I int

in combination with a typo.

your command needs to be “iu_set_tmp”, however your code is “iu_set_temp”

this results in:

{% set bedroomtemp = states('input_number.klima_arbeit_temperatur')  | int  * 10 %}
      {"device_id":"DEVICE_ID","device_sub_id":0,"req_id":"","modified_by":"","set_level":"02","value":{"iu_set_tmp":"{{ bedroomtemp }}"}}

hope that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, I’ve updated my original post as well so people don’t copy bad stuff :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve had a look through the steps to create a new HA integration but it would take me so much additional research / failing / youtube tutorials to get anywhere it’s just not worth it personally. Feels like this one would take someone experienced hardly any time at all, lets hope an HA god happens to buy one of these AC units and finds this thread soon…

Thanks @pietervanh for pointing me here from the other topic.

@edmooredop I’ve seen that there’s an integration for many different AC units by deiger that was originally for HiSense units but has since added support for many different brands. It’s what I’d have used to get FGLair running if Fujitsu didn’t move to Airstage. I’ll try and contact them on github, show them this thread, and see if they’d be interested in including the new fujitsu units in their integration. Maybe they are the HA god we’re looking for!

3 Likes

Sounds perfect

Hello all,

Just a quick reply to thank you all for the work and effort already put into this!
I’m about to test the things you guys have discovered.

FWIW, the difference between the WJ3E and WH3E modules are the following

• WJ3E: has to be connected to the ‘main’ board of the aircon unit
  • WH3E: is a plug-and-play module delivered when ordering a unit with wifi-capable configuration

WJ3E (don’t have a picture available at the moment, will upload it at a later stage)

WH3E

1 Like