Fujitsu Air Conditioning integration - Airstage dongle

BTW, i just reserved the IP in my router…

@danielkaldheim , i have the following issue when change the temperature:

Source: components/websocket_api/commands.py:239
integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 3:19:20 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:19:23 PM

[140316613255872] cannot access local variable 'min_temp' where it is not associated with a value
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 239, in handle_call_service
    response = await hass.services.async_call(
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2319, in async_call
    response_data = await coro
                    ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2356, in _execute_service
    return await target(service_call)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 905, in entity_service_call
    single_response = await _handle_entity_call(
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 975, in _handle_entity_call
    result = await task
             ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 864, in async_service_temperature_set
    await entity.async_set_temperature(**kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/fujitsu_airstage/climate.py", line 153, in async_set_temperature
    await self._ac.set_target_temperature(kwargs.get(ATTR_TEMPERATURE))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pyairstage/airstageAC.py", line 161, in set_target_temperature
    if target_temperature < min_temp or target_temperature > max_temp:
                            ^^^^^^^^
UnboundLocalError: cannot access local variable 'min_temp' where it is not associated with a value

I have been unable to connect to my airstage dongle via the integration using either the Mac Address as the ID or the last 12 characters of the Device ID from the anywair app. this has the prefix APWK. The SID in my case is C-ANYWAIR-I-xxxxxxxx [8 alpha numeric but not the mac address] cand I am wondering if there has been a change to the dongle? Its called a “anywair next”. The integration try’s to connect then fails with message Failed to Connect. HAs anyone else had this challenge?

EDIT. From further reading this thread looks like i need the sensibo integration to work with this particular dongle.

Just to advise on two points:

a) My IP is still blocked from Fujitsu - they ‘don’t unban/unblock’ - BUT I can access the app when on cellular (or when/if my home router IP changes).

b) I got a notification today that one of my four indoor unit WLAN controllers had a firmware update - and has upgraded from 02.23 to 02.43

No change note, or clue what it’s done - but the unit updated, and is still on my WLAN and still operating with HASS.

The other three IUs are on the old version and not yet reporting an update…
[EDIT: 3 have now updated]

Hello @Keith-H-T >
From what I can quickly look up, the AnywAir seems to be findable only on the Australian websites of Fujitsu.
It seems this is a different implemantation than Airstage.
What app does your Aircon recommend? There is an FGLAir integration in Home Assistant as well.
Some info on the apps of Fujitsu: AIRSTAGE Mobile | FUJITSU GENERAL GLOBAL

Update: On AIRSTAGE Mobile | FAQ | Answer | FUJITSU GENERAL GLOBAL the following phrase is mentioned:

AIRSTAGE Mobile is operable on the WLAN Adapters with the SSID starting with AP-WHE or AP-WJE. On the other WLAN Adapters, FGLair is operable.

Good to know about the updates! @danielkaldheim Do you think it would be useful to keep track of supported versions?

With regards to your external IP: you can consider unplugging your router from the internet, waiting a couple of minutes, rebooting and plugging it back into the ISP network. There is a big chance they assign you a new external IP address (naturally if they have short leases on those).

I’m blocked too. Very hard to change a virgin dynamic external IP, they are very sticky, tied to your MAC address. If it’s not been taken by someone else cos you turned your router off for weeks, then you get the same one recorded against your MAC in their database.

Had mine for years and years. May as well be static.

I’d not connected the connection issue to HA. I’d spotted it would work if I used mobile data only and it’s really been bugging me. Today I looked into it and found the mentions of blocks here, well that does explain it. I installed an early version of Dan’s integration months and months back, so maybe that’s got me blocked, is that what we’re thinking?

It would have been the very first/early version. Was that cloud only?
Upgraded now and running fine on direct. Great integration Dan.

Don’t suppose anyone’s had any further luck disabling the AP-WH3Exxx wifi networks the dongles seem to generate even after joining another network?

They are quite noisy and spoiling an already congested 2.4Ghz environment in our case…

1 Like

So, the new WiFi firmware appears to allow the units to keep updating temperature sensors when the units are off. Not getting anymore “flatlines” between cycles.

Also, if you have a good home WiFi/router, you can change your router MAC address and restart Virgin Superhub, to get a new IP.

I’m currently “not banned” due to a new IP.

Hadn’t noticed it yet but can confirm that the “flatlines” are gone here too!

1 Like

They do eventually flatline if you leave the A/C off for a while - takes a long time though.

I’m no longer banned I’m pleased to say. Looking at duck DNS it appears my Virgin IP change a month ago. Hadn’t notice cos I don’t generally use the ios app cos I was blocked and bored of turning off wifi to use it.

I tried to connect my SET-ASTG09KMTC-NXT aircon unit using ha_airstage integration and also having the same connection error. Did you manage to solve the issue? Any other integration?

For those who have the SET-ASTG09KMTC-NXT Fujitsu unit and want to integrate to HA:

I’ve manage to integrate my unit via Sensibo integration.

API key for sensibo integration can be generated following below links:

myanywAiR next offers an open API!

Please follow this link for the API documentation site: https://anywair-home.sensibo.com/

You can generate an API key from the webapp at https://anywair-home.sensibo.com/me/api

IU firmware 02.45 released.
No idea what it does/doesn’t do!

I’m a bit scare to update in case it breaks the integration vs missing security updates

I can’t see any change log

Hoping the disable the SSID broadcast being on permanently!

Has anyone upgraded so far? If yes, is the integration still running?

Updated without thinking about potentially breaking things (yes very smart of me).
Everything seems to work, don’t notice any difference in the aircon units, nor the integration.
Haven’t stress-tested it though and was only installed yesterday evening. If anyone wants specific information: let me know.

Do the units still broadcast their own annoying SSID? I would risk the update if I didn’t have to see the AP-WH3 etc etc networks for all of our units every time I see a WiFi menu…

1 Like

Nope, I still see them when scanning the WLAN’s. Do note that I didn’t specifically tell the Fujitsu’s to not broadcast them at the moment. Is this something you did in the settings (web ui of the appliance) or through an API call?

Edit: no you were searching for a way to achieve that. Then I can confirm it does not diable the AP’s.