Fujitsu Air Conditioning integration - Airstage dongle

I’ve updated with no issues as yet.

Im in need of emergency replacing an ductless unit asap as its the middle of summer and stinking hot.

Im not asking for a tldr summary but guess i am until i can sit down and geek out on the whole thread with some more time. SORRY!

Was looking at 18LPAS1 unit. Or possibly the 15LZBS1 unit.

I see they both offer a " UTY-TFSXH4" wireless adapter. Is that what you guys are using to integrate into HA?

Can anyone throw me a quick summary so i can get parts moving while i can fully digest everything in this and the other thread?

So long as it works with the Airstage app it should be fine.
The issue is trying to find out what model of AC works with which dongle is a nightmare and the documents are out of date. Ask your installer to reccomend the dongle then google it to ensure it is Airstage app.

Googling UTY-TFSXH4 does seem to suggest it is the Airstage version (see here)

In the UK they don’t sell any of the older FGlair dongles.

same issue. I have no clue on how to turn off their own internal WiFi networks …

I don’t think you can (or if you can it’s not documented).

I think the only reason we have this integration is someone Wireshark’ing it - as the local webserver on the dongle is HTTP not HTTPS so you can (in theory) see the calls to it - and AirStage local mode uses that.

On a side, Fujitsu Airstage email support are good and should be able to confirm what dongle you need/can change over to.

I’m just in the phase to collect some quotes. It looks like one of the best is with Fujitsu ASYG09KMCF which has integrated WiFi. According to product catalogue it is the same as ASYG09KMCE which has not WiFi, but can be added. It works with Airstage Mobile, so I assume this integration will work.

Important for me is the good integration in Home Assistant. Still I’m a bit confused how this integration works. Is my assumption correct?

1. Create account in Airstage mobile app.
  2. The air con has an own access point to which the Airstage mobile app must be connected (only for first time).
  3. In settings, the connection to the home WiFi must be set up
  4. Then the air con is connected to the internet and possibly also to the could.
  5. The air con can be controlled with Airstage mobile app over the cloud.
  6. Set up the integration in Home Assistant and connect to air con.
  7. Home Assistant controlls air con with REST over the local network.

Some understanding questions:

• How is now a SW upate of the air con visible. With the App or inside HA?
  • Would it be possible to control the air con now with HA and the App?
  • Is it now possible to deny the access of the air con in the router? This would be very good because I would try to avoid any firmware updates (chance to break functionality). And if air con doesn’t have access to internet, there is no security issue.

Hey Chrissy,

The airco unit you are looking at should work just fine with the integration. The assumptions you made are correct, some additional information below.

Steps to get going can be found here: GitHub - danielkaldheim/ha_airstage: Connects your Fujitsu Airstage air conditioner to Home Assistant..

Just to clarif: you don’t need to register the aircon units in the Airstage app, however it will serve as a backup/to verify if everything is working fine with HA. One of the features that HA won’t be able to provide is the firmware updates for the units, these need to be done through the mobile application.

The mobile application has 2 modes, you’ll need to use one of those do configure the WiFi connection of the units so they will be visible on your WLAN & to your HA instance.

1. Online configuration of the units - register them with Fujitsu and manage them remotely
  2. Offline configuration of the units - configure the unit to be commanded/configured locally

When adding the custom component in HA through HACS. It is recommended you configure it to use the local instrumentation of the units, since the cloud integration might block your IP address for using their API at a rate they consider being to high.

To configure the HACS module, you will need the IP address of the unit and the Device ID which is the same as their MAC address. Quote from the developper:

To add a local device you need the IP Address and Device ID. On my device the MAC address was stated so it was easy to find the IP address on my local network. The device id is the same as the MAC address exept the “:”. Or you can scan the wifi SSID and remove the “AP-WH3X-” the device id is the last 12 characters

The remainder of your questions:

• How is now a SW upate of the air con visible. With the App or inside HA? only the App
  • Would it be possible to control the air con now with HA and the App? Yes, both can be used, at the same time if you like. Random tidbit: if you adjust the temperature in HA. It might take a second or two to process the request and allow you to change it again. Repeatedly pressing ‘0.5 degrees warmer’ might give an error.
  • Is it now possible to deny the access of the air con in the router? This would be very good because I would try to avoid any firmware updates (chance to break functionality). And if air con doesn’t have access to internet, there is no security issue. That is perfectly possible, you can either connect them to a seperate ‘IoT’ network or simply block the internet access for the units. This will naturally disable the possibility to manage them remotely through the mobile app

I’ve just checked and I have a couple of ASYG07KMCE units installed which were supplied with the wireless dongle.

The process for settings them up was simple:

1). Create account in Airstage mobile app.
2). Use app to add AC - easy by scanning QR Code on dongle
3). Update Firmware
4). Add Device to HA Integration as Local

Following the above, the AC’s would be connecting to the cloud and you can use the app to control them. You can add a rule to block them at your router, this will stop the cloud connectivity but HA local access will still work. This is what I have done, so I can periodically disable the rule to check for a firmware upgrade or to provide control via the App.

So far my only annoyance is that the dongles still broadcast their SSID even when connected to wifi.

Yes, can’t agree more. The Wifi Dongle broadcast is simply annoying. Any suggestion to turn it off would be highly appreciated!

Hello all, I am quite new to HA but learning fast. Having 5 Fujitsu units which I control using Airstage on my phone I was excited to see this integration. However, I am falling at the first hurdle because I just cannot find Airstage in HACS. It’s probably something very simple I am getting wrong but can anyone point me in the right direction?

Have you added the repository url to your HACS installation as described here under installation?

Thank you so much. Little steps but I am getting there !

My setup has lost current temps when units are ofr, again. Not sure why? Anyone else.

I have upgraded hass so that may be it but the entity history keeps stopping when the units are off. Or just randomly!

Example…

If anyone is interested, I have a Homebridge plugin for remotely controlling Fujitsu Airstage devices over their API, that includes automatic device discovery. I have only worked with Homebridge plugin development, so I don’t know how difficult it would be to port this over as a native HA plugin. It looks like you could have a setup like Homebridge → HomeKit bridge → Home Automation in order to use it as-is.

Here is the GitHub link: GitHub - PatrickStankard/homebridge-fujitsu-airstage: A Homebridge plugin to control devices that use the Fujitsu Airstage API.