Fujitsu Air Conditioning integration - Airstage dongle

Hi,

I got 4 x Fujitsu ASYG09KETF multi-split units installed yesterday (25th Aug), and that seems like perfect timing as I discovered this thread this morning and got the units working HA within minutes.

Thanks to @danielkaldheim for saving me the headache of pulling something together myself - it really is appreciated by me and it looks like many others.

I will check out the repo and see if there is any support I can offer.

+1 for inclusion in the HA core.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you! I’m back on my feet again now.

It makes me happy that I can help so many with a few hour of coding!

Yes, the ultimate goal is inclusion in the HA core, just need some code cleaning and fix a few bugs.

2 Likes

Glad you’re feeling better Daniel!

BTW, I also appear to have had my official Airstage app “blocked” even though I only ever used the integration in local mode.

@danielkaldheim Thanks a lot to you for the integration. I removed my own REST calls and replaced them with your integration. 5 units up and running in 10 minutes :grinning:
After returning from my vacation I’m now also able to give feedback or test features.

I actually used the climate_group (https://github.com/daenny/climate_group) on top of your integration and it works quite fine.

In addition you can use the mushroom cards to create nice dashboard cards with all the functionality:

I’m now going to automate my ACs based on temperature and window positions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad you are better and thanks for the hard work.

I tried to export to Homekit but it does not appear as climate, few buttons appeared for each unit, buttons like turn on Powerful, Eco, etc…but does not appear with a gauge or similar, like any other homekit native climate solution in iOS Home app.

Don’t know if it is feasible to do, but it would help to manage via voice commands with Siri.

In the HomeKit bridge include climate en choose climate.”aircon”

No dry of fan option but it works, fan control is bad.

Horizontal swing is still missing for the hass integration

Right it works. I think I tried that very same way with the first version and it was not working.

1 Like

@thesmer can you share the code for your temperature/humity graph please?
(I can’t figure out how to have multiple values on a mini-graph-card assuming that is what you are using)

@danielkaldheim - is your IP still blocked? I’ve contacted tech support, and am hoping I get unblocked :\

I can see the json varies - if I access https://bke.euro.airstagelight.com/ I get a “forbidden” response in JSON, whereas from another IP I get missing token messages, so the block is at at the app level, not firewall/IP filter (apparently)

@gorstj here we go. Actually it is not my code, but I reused and adapted it form one of the “Mushroom threads” in this forum.
The card is a combination of 2 Mushroom cards in combination with the mini-graph-card you mentioned. You can also use the mini-graph-card part without the others.
Let me kown if you need help.

type: custom:vertical-stack-in-card
cards:
  - type: grid
    square: false
    columns: 2
    cards:
      - type: custom:mushroom-entity-card
        entity: sensor.temp_feuchte_display_wohnzimmer_actual_temperature
        primary_info: state
        secondary_info: name
        name: Temperatur
        icon_color: green
      - type: custom:mushroom-entity-card
        entity: sensor.temp_feuchte_display_wohnzimmer_humidity
        primary_info: state
        secondary_info: name
        name: Feuchtigkeit
        icon_color: blue
  - type: custom:mini-graph-card
    entities:
      - entity: sensor.temp_feuchte_display_wohnzimmer_actual_temperature
        name: Temperature
        color: var(--green-color)
      - entity: sensor.temp_feuchte_display_wohnzimmer_humidity
        name: Feuchtigkeit
        color: var(--blue-color)
        y_axis: secondary
    hours_to_show: 24
    line_width: 3
    font_size: 50
    animate: true
    show:
      name: false
      icon: false
      state: false
      legend: false
      fill: fade

@ptruman yes, IP still blocked :frowning:

@glknpn I’m adding horizontal to the todo-list. I don’t own any units with horizontal swing, would you mind helping me with this? DM if you want to!

Yes, the fan control in homeassistant is terrible!

@xorguy Not sure what you mean. Is the unit not showing at all in HomeKit (like @glknpn screenshots) or is the Powerful, eco etc not showing grouped together with the climate gauge in HomeKit?

The HomeKit climate is homeassistant core functionality. I’ll have to do some research if we can group buttons to the homekit climate control. If any one have an Home Assistant device that have grouping like that, let me know :slight_smile:

Hi @danielkaldheim, it is working now and appears as intended at Home app. Maybe the first time I selected wrong what entities are exposed to HomeKit but first time did not get any gauge, only few buttons. After I tried second time it appears correct.

Thanks.

Hej @danielkaldheim, what a great job you did. A major timesaver. I have 5 brandnew aircon’s installed (4 x ASYG09KMCE and one ASYG24KMTE). The 4 are all installed in the bedrooms and the big boy is installed in the livingroom. As far as I know they all support swingmodes. If I can help testing additional functionality just give me a shout. The least I can do back.
A question / feature request: As soon as I added all the name of the devices is set to the identity ID. It would be nic when there’s a 3rd field in the add device wizard with a Name field so we don;t have to change the name manually after adding the devices. Note that they are installed in a remote site where I don’t have physical access everytime (it is a holiday villa in Greece).
What I miss is the ability to see if the unit’s are heating or cooling when set to automode. I don’t know if it is safe to assume that the unit will heat if the requested temp is higher than the current room temperature and vice versa. In my particular case where I have 4 airco systems connected to only one outdoor unit I assume that it is impossible to have one indoor unit in heating mode and another in coolingmode. As soon as I am back in Greece (oktober) I will test if it is possible to set one in heatingmode and another in cooling mode anyway.

@danielkaldheim. Playing around with the integration which is now very easy to do (kudos!). However I seem to miss the powerd on or off state. Therefor it is not easy to make an automation based on a change in power on and power off.

Weather the air-con is set to off or a mode (cool/heat/auto etc) is registered in the integration.

However, I suspect you are looking to see if the device is actively calling for cool/heat (‘on’) or is idle as the temperature is e.g. below the set temperature in cool mode (or higher than set temp in heat mode)?

From the JSON fields we know I do not believe this is reported by the airstage device.

I have attached a Shelly 1PM plus to my big unit to report it’s power consumption as an indication as to if it is idle or not(it is an 18000 BTU and maxes out at 13amps on the spec sheet - I suspect your 24k BUT unit will peak above the maximum spec of the device)

If it is a standard split system I do not believe that different units can be heat and cool mode simultaneously.

I work with around 80 shellies as well. I still have to hook up a secound Pro EM so I can measure the big boy properly. For now with the assumption that when a unit is in auto mode and the requested temp is higher than the room temp I suppose in auto mode the unit will try heatingmode to get to the requested temp. I created an automation that uses a binary boolean sensor ‘requested_temp > room_temp. Made it smarter by automatically adjusting the operational mode to fan_only when this is true. And I use an outside tempsensor (shelly) which gives me even more flexibility. (If outside temp < roomtemp AND requestedtemp > outsidetemp => turn off)

My goal is to have all the 5 systems run as energyefficient as can be without having our guests to sweat.
I use a dozen of shelly door 2 sensors on every door and window as well to shutdown the systems as soon as someone forgets to close a window/door. Actually the units won’t even turn on when a window or door is open.

I don’t know if you are using the outside temperature reported by the integration but I do not find it very accurate at all.

My system is ducted so I switch over the fan mode on a low level when temperature is within range to keep the air turning over in my upstairs…it drags some air from the outside also (am going to have a motorised damper to close this off in extremes of high/low temperature except when indoor air quality is poor)

We could possibly do with a Blueprint to automate all of this

I wish the Fujitsu ‘auto’ had a range that it does nothing (or is simply on fan mode) e.g. don’t heat or cool between 20-23 degrees. Heat if less than 19 degrees. Cool if greater than 24 degrees. Maybe that is what I need to automate!
(adding complexity would be different ranges for different times of day, e.g. bedroom cooling in evening/night but accept higher temperature in day, more focused temperature management if presence detection e.g. door unlocked to a garden room).

I’m halfway making this automation blueprint to try and stop duplication of efforts!

1 Like

@thesmer : What device are you using for humidity detection?