Fujitsu Air Conditioning integration - Airstage dongle

The tech support guy I was talking to went to private email chat and has now gone on holiday :
Definitely IP ban, not account ban - app works when I’m on another IP :slight_smile:

I’m using the Xiaomi/Miijia devices which are less than 5 eur/GBP
Link in with my bluetooth proxy devices (mostly Shelly)

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/xiaomi_ble/

Same here, the outdoor temp is at least 3-5 degrees lower than in the real world. As soon as I am back I will place a shelly temp sensor outdoors to be more acurate. For now I use the Forecast actual temp sensor which is pretty accurate at my place.
Because I don’t really trust the outcome of the Fujitsu sensors I’d rather use other reliable sensors for changing the automode to fan to prevent them from heating in summer or cooling in winter. I use Shelly door2 sensors everywhere. They are are pretty good in temp measurements.
A blueprint is actually a very good idea. Especially because I have 5 airco units.
The extra complexity I will work on anyway, That was already on my todo list :slight_smile: We could use the forecast temp for the next every hour to decide if we put the unit on fan_only fi the forecast temp for the next hour is sufficient to heat or cool down enough. In october I am onsite and I will measure the powerconsumption ( with a Shelly Pro 4) of each aircon when put in auto mode. Don’t really know if even measuring is sufficient. The units may be “smart” so maybe the temp difference is not the only input for Fujitsu to decide when is starts to heat or cool in auto mode. I’d rather have that intelligence in HA.

Yeah the temp sensor are consistenly off compared to all other temp sensor I have as well.
Is the temperature calculation now correct compared with the airstage app?

As far as I can see that is correct. Both in your sensors and in the integration. Just don’t rely on the outdoor tempsensor from Fujitsi. The indoor sensor seems to be ok. It doesn’t differ much with the shelly sensors I use.
[Edit]: It seems not be correct: you used this formula: (InputTempFromFujitsu /100 - 32) *5/9. The correct formula (as @danielkaldheim stated) is (InputTempFromFujitsu - 5000 ) /100.

@gorstj I missed this message from you. There are JSON fields which represent the powerstate:
binary_sensor:
- name: “Airco Bedroom1 Powered”
value_template: “{{ value_json[‘value’][‘iu_onoff’] }}” value: 0 or 1

I was given info on how to set the offset in the units by FJ, if anyone is interested?

1 Like

Offset for temp calibration?
Yes please!

I’m using a lot of homematic IP devices. For humidity I use this one:
https://homematic-ip.com/en/product/temperature-and-humidity-sensor-display-indoor

Control is done using Raspberrymatic and Homematic IP local.

definitly interested!

Can we paste attachments here? The offset instructions are an 8 page PDF :\ (don’t really want to screengrab every page :slight_smile:

On a side, is anyone else unable to control their units via Google Assistant presently? Mine is telling me Airstage is not available :\ (direct is still working, via HASS)

working fine via Alexa

I did not find any option for attachments. Can you provide a download link to a Google drive or Dropbox for some days?

Try this.

Read it all though.

• Ensure the AC units are powered on but NOT running (i.e. standby)
  • There are specific button presses to do on the remotes,
  • You’ll need function 30 or 31 (maybe do both as 30 is for cooling, 31 for heating)
  • The calculation is BIZARRE and thus pay attention to the value options, as they negate :slight_smile:

*Corrected temp. = Temp. of the room temp. sensor - Correction temp. value*

(so if you use value 03, which is -1C, you will be doing temp - -1 (i.e. adding one)

• The guide states:
*After completing the function setting, be sure to disconnect the power supply and then reconnect it.*
*CAUTION*
*After disconnecting the power supply, wait 30 seconds or more before reconnecting it. The function*
*setting will not become active unless the power supply is disconnected and then reconnected.*

The email I got from the tech team says “turn it off for 2 minutes before reconnecting” (which may be why my initial test didn’t seem to work)

1 Like

Did this change the displayed temperature in the app/wired controller (i.e. calibration)?
Or does it just change the offset before cooling/heating kick in above/below the set temperature

(I think it is the latter as otherwise there would be just a single calibration figure rather than two separate figures depending whether it was cooling/heating)

It says it in the doc, if you check, which I believe will change the read/reported temp.

Depending on the installed environment, correction of the room temperature sensor may be re-
quired. Select the appropriate control setting according to the installed environment.

The temperature of the room temperature sensor is corrected as follows:
Corrected temp. = Temp. of the room temp. sensor - Correction temp. value
Example of correction:
When the temperature of the room temp. sensor is 26°C and the setting value is “03”
(-1.0°C), corrected temp. will be 27°C (26°C - [-1.0°C]).

You can change it from -4 to +4 C in increments of .5C
Have a go :slight_smile:

In other news, I’ve spoken to Fujitsu A/C tech help, and I suspect getting unblocked it going to take a while as “they” don’t block/unblock - and control of the servers/cloudfront environment is going to need to go to “HQ”. I’m sending a summary!

Does this integration also work for older type of fujitsu-General airo’s?
Mine are 5 years old. The names begin with “AP-WF2E” and the other “AC-UTY” followed by the MAC address

This is just for “AirStage” compatible units. If you have the older ones you’ll probably need the FGLAir integration, or see if you swap out the WiFi controllers (there are compatibility lists on the FJ website).

Thank you Peter. which site do you mean with the “FJ website”?