Full Hardware Monitoring - no matter the platform

Doesn’t matter. If the hacker doesn’t know your external address, your local IP means nothing to them. And if they get past your firewall using your external IP, your network is compromised and every local IP is known to the hacker. Obfuscating a 192.168.x.x address is like a toddler thinking that holding his fingers over his eyes makes him invisible.

Every motherboard and CPU report temperatures differently.
Your thermal folder contains the temperature probes on your motherboard. One of them, probably cooling_device3 is on the CPU socket. Try doing a cat of ‘cooling_device3’. (Divide the result by 1,000).

It may not be the CPU temperature (which requires a driver), but my socket temperature is eventually (after a few minutes of power-on) equal to the CPU temperature.

1 Like

I have checked every one of these files - even gone into the other folders 3-4 level deep…nothing is showing anything which would be considered a TEMP. They are either ‘0’ or a bunch of characters in the “files”.

The same goes for all of the other folders. It is “Simply” not there - which makes absolutely NO SENSE as every single LINUX version that I have launched a LIVE USB on this box - and looked in the /sys/class/hwmon or /sys/class/thermal folder, I can find something for the CPU temp.

I told you why, it is because the driver isn’t compiled in the haos kernel. Intel cpus are different to amd cpus.

I raised a ticket (opened an INC) at the GitHub yesterday.

I was looking around as well – https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/blob/e64e97cedffa40eb66e3a77620b62ef2baa93903/buildroot-external/configs/generic_x86_64_defconfig

This appears to be some sort of installation script. Is it possible for me to ‘somehow’ add the command(s) to have it install the k10temp drivers?

Just not proficient enough with what this is all doing and how or where to add it. But as I read it, it appears to be some sort of installation script (from what I can surmise).

I think that is the place to do it, but despite looking at the buildroot docs I wasn’t able to figure it out.

You’d need to build the whole OS, beyond me. My days of building OSes died when I moved from gentoo.

Lookie-Lookie :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great, and did it work?

YES. This morning I installed HASS OS 9.rc1 …and rebooted.

and added these lines back to sensor.yaml

# Lines added for Command Line (CPU Temp)
  - platform: command_line
    name: CPU Temperature
    command: "cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/temp1_input"
    # If errors occur, make sure configuration file is encoded as UTF-8
    unit_of_measurement: "°C"
    value_template: "{{ value | multiply(0.001) | round(1) }}"

and I now have this:

2 Likes

I did not give bad info. sensors-detect is the command to detect and configure sensors on Linux. sensors is only to observe the results of sensors already detected.

The command must be run as root in the underlying OS, not in the container!

except he was talking about HAOS and was in the container…

He was. I was clear.

You are correct - part of those commands helped us find the missing drivers/package. They have now been enabled/added to the HASS OS v9.0 install and the CPU Temp is now able to be seen from the AMD Processors.

2 Likes

As I said, there are probably thousands of Home Assistant installations on 192.168.10.6, and tens of thousands on 192.168.1.xxx. There is nothing to “put out there”. Your IPV6 address is even more secure if it begins with fcxx:: or fdxx::. Addresses in those ranges are defined in RFC4193 that is analogous to the private IP space used in IPv4 defined in RFC 1918. These addresses are non-globally reachable and routable only within the scope of your local network, but not the global Internet.

Just out of curiosity,
ping 2600:4040:52a9:c600:f678:e053:d230:3fa8
and tell me what you see.

This is the IPV6 of an old PC running Ubuntu that I just turned on for this experiment.