Fully Kiosk Camera Question

I am trying to record the Fully Kiosk Browser tablet camera on motion.

I used to accomplish this by adding the camera as generic camera in Homeassistant…
Camera:

- platform: generic
    still_image_url: http://IP:2323?cmd=getCamshot&password=redacted
    name: Wall Panel

I then had trusted networks and api_password setup I believe. Then I would add something like the link below in motioneye. Motioneye would then send me a MQTT message notifying me off motion, and making a recording.

http://IP:8123/api/camera_proxy/camera.wall_panel

The api proxy link no longer works in motioneye, nor does the fully kiosk link.

Any idea how I can record the camera?

I have tried the camera.record service and it says camera not compatible. Maybe FFMPEG?

I setup a binary sensor to monitor motion from the tablet like below:

Sensor:

- platform: mqtt
    name: Motion Wall Panel
    state_topic: "fully/event/onMotion/redacted_id"
    value_template: "{{ value_json.event }}"
    expire_after: 5

Binary_sensor:

- platform: template
    sensors:
      motion_wall_panel:
        friendly_name: "Wall Panel"
        device_class: motion
        value_template: "{{ is_state('sensor.motion_wall_panel', 'onMotion') }}"

Any help would be appreciated!

Did you ever get this resolved?

I swapped over to wall panel app and use the mjpeg stream function with motioneye.

Thanks, appreciate the reply.

Hi
can you explain please how do you do it?
i’m trying without success
I get this message: “not a supported network camera”
when trying to ad network camera

Are you using fully kiosk or wall panel app?

both :slight_smile:
but the message is in motion eye for fully kiosk camera
after I swap to wall panel, how do I add it to motion eye ?

thanks, succeeded!

does your motion sensors work fine with wall panel?
I have many problems with them

I don’t think i use any sensors

HA’s generic camera integration works perfectly with Fully Kiosk’s getCamshot command.

Just remember, that you HAVE TO use the IP address (not a local DNS name) and that you HAVE TO url encode any special characters in your password.

So if your password is abc$xyz! your getCamshot URL would be:
http://192.168.xxx.yyy:2323/?cmd=getCamshot&password=abc%24xyz%21

Also remember that new generic cameras are not added through configuration.yaml anymore but through the frontend. Go to Settings → Devices & Services and add a new integration with the “+” symbol.
Here is an example:

6 Likes

Works for me also, exactly how you described.
Tnx

1 Like

I got a Fire HD 10 set up and can see live video feed with a picture card. I got the camera working through the generic platform, as described in #1.
But now, I am trying to record from this camera. I played around a lot with ffmpeg to capture from the stream. But I just can’t seem to get it to work.

Anyone managed to record video from this camera?

Interesting: on an older Ubuntu 18.04 install (ffmpeg version 4.3-2~18.04.york0), this works as expected. But on a 22.04 install (ffmpeg version 4.4.2-0ubuntu0.22.04.1), it does not. The command that works on the old machine is this:

ffmpeg -r 30 -stream_loop -1 -f mjpeg -i "http://192.168.0.215:2323/?cmd=getCamshot&password=1234" asdf.mp4

I am deliberately using a higher framerate (-r 30) than what the cam can produce. This leads to a movie playing faster, which takes less time to review the safety footage.

I also got a Fire HD 10 with Fully Kiosk running. Are you capturing when there is motion/persons are detected? I’m curious how you did that.

Yes, I am capturing after persons have been detected.
I am using this both as motion sensor and as a security camera (activated by the sensors). Technically, the command up there is only pulling individual frames at a time. It’s not high-quality, though. I wanna say something like 320x256. (I think I read somewhere that fully is basically just pulling a preview rather than a full frame.) Still surprising how much you can see on those.

You can also show “live” video in lovelave. There might be a second delay, and the framerate is not super impressive (say, ≈7-10 fps), but still, I am getting something out of these videos. I am using the generic camera integration. I only fed the URL for the still images (individual frames), not the one for the streams, but that works anyway.

That said, I’d be much happier if fully actually provided the full-quality stream of the camera. Now, that would be some really good video!