Fully Kiosk, how to display doorbell camera

Hi running a Fire Tablet with Fully Kiosk installed, I want to create an automation to display doorbell camera when motion detected form an External Motion Detector.

I have the URL of the camera feed which is an rtsp feed.

How do I send that URL to the Tablet, believe me I have searched but cannot find an answer.

I have looked at browser_mod but again cant find sample code?

Regards, Dave

1 Like

This thread is rather old but i was facing the same problem - i’ll leave this here so others have less trouble. I am using a Amcrest HD410 doorbell camera and a amazon fire HD 10" tablet with fully kiosk. My goal was to open up the stream on the tablet once someone presses button on the doorbell (could also trigger on motion etc - that part is rather easy). To display the stream on the tablet i’ve used the REST api of fully kiosk (enable on the remote administration settings, only on paid version).
The stream will play natively via fully kiosk - enable the RSTP playback in the settings.
After that put this into your configuration.yaml:

rest_command:
  kiosk_command:
    url: 'http://10.0.0.X:2323/?cmd={{ cmd }}&url={{ url  }}&key={{ key }}&value={{ value }}&type=json&password=restpassword'

You need to change 10.0.0.x to your IP and restpassword to the password that you have set in fully kiosk. Restart HA after that.

After that you can create a automation, this one for example does the following:

• Turn off fully kiosk screensaver
  • Start Playing RSTP stream of amcrest
  • wait 30 seconds while doing so
  • Switch URL to main page (stops video, screensaver will kick again after the timeout set within fully kiosk)
alias: Open cam on tablet on button press
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: amcrest
    id: doorbell button pressed
    event_data:
      event: CallNoAnswered
      payload:
        action: Start
condition: []
action:
  - service: rest_command.kiosk_command
    data:
      cmd: stopScreensaver
    data:
      cmd: playVideo
      url: >-
        rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 30
      milliseconds: 0
    data:
      cmd: loadURL
      url: http://10.0.0.Z:8123/lovelace
mode: single

10.0.0.Y is the ip of your cam. 10.0.0.Z is your HA ip address. CAMPASSWORD is the password set in the amcrest app.

Note: the amcrest HD410 has a Ultra-HD resolution. I couldnt get the playback to work on the tablet with it, likely because of resizing problems or whatever. I changed the resolution to regular HD in the amcrest APP and after that it worked perfectly.

6 Likes

Good stuff. Question, If I have 5 tablets (all running Fully) do I have to create a rest_command for each one to display the doorbell notification? In may case, I’m not concerned about getting the RSTP stream, but just an MJPEG image. How can this be done?

Any thoughts on getting the doorbell image to multiple tablets running Fully? Is MQTT an option?

I am currently also searching for a solution. I thought using a service would be a good idea but the service to activate in a first step the display will be depracted. But instead a button entity can be used

I a second step when the display is active my idea was to show an image or stream with a camera service.

The browser_mod integration can create popups with whatever you want.
I also use that for a doorbell cam when somebody rings at the door: have a look at my working example

Basically a good idea. I’ve installed the integration. Now i just like to create a navigate to Automation with the service browser_mod: navigate but the FireHD Tablet ist not available as entity

The browser_mod: navigate service seems to me the easiest way to show the doorbell triggered by an event.

Idea is to just enter the HA View / path from my doorbell on the Tablet.

I haven’t used FK but I imagine that you also have the ability to have that doorbell view in full screen. (if you already have that view)

Another option is to show a popup for a certain amount of time with that stream.
With browser_mod you can manipulate that popup to your needs.

I’ve used browser_mod to do popups for the doorbell rings when I used WallPanel, but switching to FK, I wanted to reduce the need for browser_mod had they have similar entities. For example, browser_mod also creates a media entity for the Fire Tablet as do FK, I don’t need two media entities for the same tablet which also causes naming issues. I though that FK would natively support browser popups, which is looks like it may have been deprecated?

You can prevent BM from creating entities.

I am a bit suprised. Why should i try to add everything in browser_mod popup when there is a service like browser_mod navigate? This service would be sufficient when i can use the tablet entity and navigate to the doorbell dashboard view.

1 Like

How is this done in BM 2.0?

Does anyone know if this is the case? Is it possible to create a single rest_command that would target mutiple Fully tablets?

No, you would have to create five commands. This is because they point to the different IP addresses.

I was just working at getting this setup with my system. I had to use “openURL” in place of “playVideo”. I’m not sure if it was because I’m using the go2rtc http link, but it also didn’t work when I used the direct rstp stream.