Fully Kiosk -- how to show only one dashboard?

I suspect this is basic and explained repeatedly – please excuse.

How do I set up Fully Kiosk to show only the one HA dashboard (in my case, named KIOSK)?

Thank you!

Not sure if there is a better way but when I set it up i created a user who only had permissions for that dashboard and then used that on my tablet with kiosk.

2 Likes

Thank you.

I’ll do that.

Additionally hide the sidebar for that user. To make it more or less bulletproof you’d also need some app on your tablet like Kiosker (iOS) which will prevent the user from fiddling around and only show the HA dashboard.

I’m using an Android FireHD tablet running Fully Kiosk. Is the app you’re referring to Fully Kiosk in my case?

I still trying to figure out what user Fully Kiosk is logging in as, so I can limit the dashboards from that user.

I don’t have any Android Tablets so I don’t know the Fully Kiosk app but it looks like it’s similar to Kiosker on iOS.

Regarding the user: I configure the login credentials of the kiosk-user in the Kiosker app.

Kiosker also allows to draw circles with your finger on the screen to define areas the user can’t touch later when in Kiosk mode.
So I always hide the sidebar for the kiosk-user and prevent him from touching the burger-menu in the top left corner of the HA dashboard. No escape for the user.

1 Like

I’m still struggling with this.

I have Fully Kiosk remote access set up and working.

I can even use the REST api (very cool).

My problem is I don’t know what username I entered when I set the default URL for Fully Kiosk.

In HA, I have the following users:

Home Assistant Cloud
Home Assistant Content
[MY NAME]
Supervisor

I’m pretty sure I used [MY NAME] on the tablet running Fully Kiosk when I set the default URL, but I can’t figure out how to change it.

I can add a HA user named “Fully Kiosk”, but I need the tablet to log into HA using that user in order to limit the HA dashboards that are available on the tablet.

Does this make sense?

Thank you

I don’t think the auto http auth works, just tried it to see.

Anyway, just log out on the tablet and login with the kiosk user.

Got it.

Can I log out of the tablet (and log back in) remotely?

@josephny I believe this will help you to set up the username and password. This is how I figure it out, I ended up with “fireos” as the username. Because the HACS integration only requires a password I assumed that the username has to be this one. It is working for me!