Fused Switch

I have ordered one, and am willing to be a guinea pig!

Hooray, thanks! I’ll be happy to help with the integration-related problems.

Hey @andrey-yantsen - just recently got in to HA and now trying to add everything vaguely smart in my house. We have a FSTWIFI TimeGuard switch which runs the air extractors.

I can run an MQTT broker, and your relay / fallback service, but I can’t figure out how to do the IP redirects etc. needed on my router. I’m using a BT Now Hub which has firewall and uPnP support but AFAICT neither allow the sort of config needed.

Am I out of luck without a more sophisticated router?

Thanks!
Adam

Hey @adamaid!

First of all, do you have a new model of FSTWIFI, or the old one? :slight_smile: Does it require the ugly and terrifying app SupplyMaster, or something else?

Unfortunately, I’m not sure if it’s possible to start using the timeguard-mqtt project with only BT Hub. If you can configure a local DNS (e.g. if you will install Pi-hole or AdGuard Home) — it should be enough. There’re two ways you can configure your FSTWIFI:

1. With saving the SupplyMaster app on your phone. It’s the complicated way explained in the project’s README that might not work with your router :slight_smile:
  2. Rewriting DNS — you need to configure your local DNS to return the IP of the timeguard-mqtt setup for the domain www.cloudwarm.net. Keep in mind that it’ll prevent you from using the SupplyMaster app.

I hope that helps. Feel free to poke me if you have further questions :slight_smile:

Hi @andrey-yantsen,

I have just stumbled upon this product recently on amazon and found this thread.
Just out of curiosity, what’s the benefit of connecting to HA via MQTT compared to using the tuya integration? (I presume since it’s a tuya product, it can be added like any other Tuya product into HA?)

There’re two “editions” of the switch — an old one, with product id FSTWIFI, and a new one — FSTWIFITU — and the new one works via Tuya. My project works only with the older product, which should be configured via Supply Master mobile app.

I have no experience with FSTWIFITU, but I suppose you’re right, and it could somewhat easily be integrated with HA the same way as any other Tuya product.

1 Like