FYTA - new flora sensor

Hi, has anyone tried these sensors?

It seems to me like a good alternative to miflora built on BL5, you can even buy a wifi module to extend the range. But the question is whether BL is enough to integrate.

4 Likes

I also looked into this. I’m not yet sure if direct link with BT is possible or if you need hub to be able to connect to cloud via API. I would like if all data could be kept local.

1 Like

Has anyone gained any experience with these devices in the meantime?

1 Like

Not yet. I plan to get them even with the risk of not pairing them yet. But I have a lot of other priorities, so I’ve put it off for now.

2 Likes

Hey Mag!
Did you try to integrate fyta yet?

These look pretty cool… and reasonably priced. Anyone manage to integrate them with HA yet?

I noticed there is an OpenHAB integration for FYTA… and they seem to have a failry straightforward public API.

There is also an IFTTT integration.

:thinking:

I started with an integration for HA. It is my first integration, so please be gracious.
The current state can be accessed here:

The integration is still in development, but most of the sensors already work, so that you get a good impression.

4 Likes

Amazing! Nice work, @dontinelli!
My Fytas are on their way, and I look forward to trying this out.
:potted_plant: :two_hearts:

Hey, @dontinelli .
I installed the integration and went to add it but I get the following error message…
Config flow could not be loaded: {“message”:“Invalid handler specified”}

I put the files in config\custom_components\fyta is that correct?

Also, if you need an icon, let me know the specs and I can make one for you. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Dan

Hi!

Had the same problem, just had to add a dot in front of the imports:

init.py

.fyta_connector import
.fyta_exceptions import

config_flow.py

.fyta_exceptions import

coordinator.py

.fyta_connector import

fyta_client.py

.fyta_exceptions import

fyta_connector.py

.fyta_client import
1 Like

That fixed it!
This add-on works super well… very easy to use. Amazing!

With a Mushroom template card, I was able to create a nice GUI for my plants’ watering needs…

Secondary Information

{% if states('sensor.gilou_moisture_state') | int == 1 %}
  Needs watering
{% elif states('sensor.gilou_moisture_state') | int == 2 %}
  A little thirsty
{% elif states('sensor.gilou_moisture_state') | int == 3 %}
  Doing great!
{% elif states('sensor.gilou_moisture_state') | int == 4 %}
  Overwatered
{% elif states('sensor.gilou_moisture_state') | int == 5 %}
  Drowning
{% endif %}

Icon Color

{% if states('sensor.gilou_moisture_state') | int == 1 %}
  pink
{% elif states('sensor.gilou_moisture_state') | int == 2 %}
  orange
{% elif states('sensor.gilou_moisture_state') | int == 3 %}
  light-green
{% elif states('sensor.gilou_moisture_state') | int == 4 %}
  teal
{% elif states('sensor.gilou_moisture_state') | int == 5 %}
  blue
{% endif %}

Then I added it to my dash, along with the battery sensorts…

Nice! :smiley:

(Yes, my plants are named after the dodgy cops from the French TV show, Spiral).

2 Likes

Sorry for not having answered earlier. I somehow missed your post as there was a similar one in the github repository.
Happy that you like the integration. Your cards look great. The development is still ongoing, so watch out for improvements…

1 Like

Hey,
do i need a Wifi Hub from FYTA to connect them?

AFAIK you just need Bluetooth access, so no

Hmmm. Went to reinstall this integration so I could keep it up to date with HACS… but now I get this error when setting up. Any tips?

File "/config/custom_components/fyta/config_flow.py", line 44, in async_step_user
    fyta = FytaConnector(user_input[CONF_USERNAME], user_input[CONF_PASSWORD])
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/fyta_cli/fyta_connector.py", line 42, in __init__
    self.timezone: ZoneInfo = datetime.UTC if tz == "" else ZoneInfo(tz)
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: type object 'datetime.datetime' has no attribute 'UTC'

Can you try to uninstall the integration and make a new installation over the config-flow?

I tried to delete and re-install a few times, but no joy. What do you mean when you say “over the config flow”?

I reinstalled from an old back-up and everything went swimmingly. Not sure what it is about the latest version that is different.

:thinking:

With deletion and re-installation I meant that you only delete the integration from https://xxx/config/integrations/integration/fyta. When you then re-install, you should be asked for credentials again.

There seems to be an error in the import of the UTC const in fyta_cli. Will have to further investigate into this.

I assume I found the error in fyta_connector.py. I updated the file on GitHub - dontinelli/fyta_cli. @dt1000, do you have the possibility to update your local file /usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/fyta_cli/fyta_connector.py? If yes, could you let me know if the fix works for you?