Galaxy Note 9 wrong step sensor data

The App is getting some wrong data about steps on Samsung Galaxy Note 9. On the same config, It gets correct data from Samsung Galaxy S10

I have made some utility meter sensors based on two phones data and the SG9 (n960f) differs from what Samsung Health app is showing. On the S10 (g973f) the data from app and from the HA sensors are 100% the same.

utility_meter:
  steps_daily_xs:
    source: sensor.sm_n960f_steps_sensor
    cycle: daily
  steps_daily_kt:
    source: sensor.sm_g973f_steps_sensor
    cycle: daily

steps sensor provides whatever data it provides when we request it…not much the app can do if it doesnt seem correct. We make a request for an update and we send the data back.

Your utility sensor says daily steps.
That is not how the sensor in the phone works, at least according the app.

Last reboot and daily could be the same but most likely not.

1 Like

Side question: would it be possible to get the Mobile Companion app to publish Google Fit step, distance, and heart point data as sensor values?

there is a custom component for google fit…the app wont qualify to get and store all that data according to the permissions we need. We looked into it and it didn’t make sense given what was needed from the apps perspective to get approvded.

I understand, I just wanted to mention this fact that on Note9 it shows something which is diffrent from what Samsung Health app shows on the same phone. On the samsung S10 everything looks to be okay.

it seems you did not get it right, or I described the situation not so well…

• step.sensor shows steps from last reboot.

• utility sensor steps_daily_xs shows current DAILY steps from all that amount. I have also MONTHLY counter

• app Samsung Health on the phone shows as well daily counters

What I am comparing now is the countes from utility sensor and samsung health. On the Samsung S10 phone - those numbers are the same. On the Note9 phone - it differs.

And more than that, it doesn’t look to be some proportional difference. I was checking a few days and dividing the number from the phone over the utilitu sensor - is getting me diffrent results.

Step count on Samsung Healh app is bigger than on uitliy sensor of HA.

Same problem on two Galaxy S8.

For example: Today in Samsung Health: 2863 steps, in HA: 24 steps. Both on my phone and my wife’s.

The API does not rely on Samsung data, only data provided by the Android API

Is there any solution?

Several months ago, perhaps more than a year, it was working correctly. I do not know what happened.

1 Like