Gallery Panel for images/videos

No, I’m all Android. Hopefully that’s not a bad sign of things to come…

Nvm that had a separate cache to reset than the browser did… sorry thanks again!

This is something I looked for awhile ago and even tried making my own but gave up really appreciate it

You wouldn’t happen to know if there is a way to get the < arrow at the top of a panel to slide it back to the side like the other menus would you? I haven’t really used panels much and currently to get yours to go away I have to pull down to refresh to home page and was wondering if I could “open and close” it like the built in ones.

… I just realized it’s more of a mobile only thing so I don’t know if it’s the same for you on Android

This looks fantastic, could I ask if it is possible for this to be adapted with the following feature request?

I currently have motioneye saving images and video to the default “\share\motioneye\Camera#\date” folder.
Also motioneye is configured for uploading to google drive as a backup.

I also have the the “Hass.io google drive backup” addon installed to backup of Home Assistant config folders, with the exception of the “\Share” folder where the motioneye files are saved.

I did consider changing the motioneye file path to within the config folder, but it appears that there is currently no option to exempt specific sub directory’s within the config folder in the Hass.io google drive backup addon to eliminate any duplicated media files.

I do not want to duplicate the motioneye images or recordings to my google cloud drive consuming GB’s of space unnecessarily. Could this be adapted to use the “\share\motioneye\Camera#” path to see all files at that location?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I was finally able to get this working, but since I use hassio, I had to whitelist /config/www/whatever for it to work.

I also use MotionEye and had to move the save location which I’m not a fan of since I don’t want to save those in snapshots. I tried different ways to make it work with symlinks but wasn’t able to make it work, but I do have it working and it’s great.
I just also wish I could use a location outside of the “www” folder.

Does anyone know if I could get this to display as a regular view/tab instead of through the sidebar?
I am using CCH if that somehow helps at all

I think the code would need to be reworked as a card and not a panel. I didn’t do that originally because of the size of the thing, but it should work in a tab in panel mode. It shouldn’t be hard to do, but my free time is lacking this time of year. I’ll work on it when I can.

1 Like

Thank you, friend - it helped me a lot!

I use it for looking at photos of my fridge - very helpful during shopping :wink:
Photos are vertically oriented and there are small problems with it.

Some suggestions:

• remove Sub Title from Panel completely - I had to comment it out completely
  • could you limit main menu-viewer picture by height of window? Horizontally oriented view is not good with vertical photos (pic 1)

• and decrease height of preview photos a little bit (labels are not visible for previews) - if you do this changing photos in the phone will be smooth - without scrolling. (pic 2)

MY question is… how do you capture images/videos from IP camera?? HAhaha sorry newbie here.

@iamhueman nothing to do with this thread. Please open a new thread for your question.

So this is exactly what I have been looking for! So excitet to get it up and running but for some reason I’m failing getting a sensor up and running. As I understand it I should be able to find a entity called “gallery_images” under Configuration > Entities?

Should be pretty straight forward to get this up and running so what am I doing wrong, any ideas?

EDIT:
So move things around and when I add the “Gallery panel” code under sensors the “Validate config” action (before restarting) just spins forever (sorry for the language). As soon as I remove it the configuration is validated within a second:

Strange. One thing I just checked, it does not appear under Configuration -> Entities, but does appear under Developer Tools -> States. I’m not sure why.

But there seems to be something else going on if your config will not validate. It also appears from your config that you are on a new version of hass. So I’m a little stumped.

Do you have other things under custom_components? If not, maybe verify that your permissions are good there.

Thanks for looking into this!

I have other components, hacs and sia, in that folder and they work fine.

What is also strange is that if I delete all other sensors I sometimes get the validation of the configuration through but it also looks like it depends on where in configuration.yaml I put the sensor.

I’m quite new to this but whatever you want me to try just let me know, just explain like you would explain to your grandma :wink:

I can’t tell exactly what the error says because of different language, but for me I got an error if I didn’t use the full path for the folder… see posts above.

Thanks, I will look into it. But the page where I validate my config actually doesn’t give an error. it is just spinning and “validating” forever.

Btw, it says in the instructions that “Check the sensor.gallery_images entity to see if the fileList attribute lists your files”. Would you mind telling me where I can look for that?

On the developer tools> states page you will see all of your entities

Does anyone have a menu button on the gallery page? (The 3 lines) I was going to look into adding it but I see what appeared to be a reference to it in the html already. My current only method is to pull down to refresh and reload, would love to be able to get back to the menu from the gallery page without reloading.

Hrm, yes mine is there. I’m still on .104

@TarheelGrad1998
This is working great. I’m using this along with frigate.
I currently send captured images into 2 folders.
/www/images/camera_a
/www/images/camera_b

in each folder I have images from detected captures of ‘person’ and ‘car’

Does your mod allow for defining a view based on a wildcard?

I have my view broken down for each camera.
I’d like to also have a view to show images of filename_person_.jpg from camera_a
filename_car_.jpg from camera_a

etc.

or is the only way to get this is to put each type in another folder?

thanks

The Files component does have a filter parameter. I haven’t tried this, so YMMV but this should work in theory.

Add separate sensors for each type, similar to this:

- sensor
    - platform: files
      folder: /config/www/images
      name: camera_a_person
      filter: *_person_.jpg
    - platform: files
      folder: /config/www/images
      name: camera_a_car
      filter: *_car_.jpg

Then add separate tabs to the panel for each sensor (sensor.camera_a_car and sensor.camera_a_person).

1 Like