Garadget Platform no longer working

I have 2 devices in my configuration.yaml that control my garage doors with the Garadget Platform. It stopped working today and I’m seeing a lot of timeouts to api.particle.io however I can connect to that host with the correct port with no issues from the same machine. Any ideas? It says the domain was actually setup but took 12 seconds, however the devices are no longer showing up in my dev-state area. Is this timeout configurable?

2018-10-25 18:09:12 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.cover] Error while setting up platform garadget
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 384, in _make_request
    six.raise_from(e, None)
  File "<string>", line 2, in raise_from
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 380, in _make_request
    httplib_response = conn.getresponse()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 1331, in getresponse
    response.begin()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 297, in begin
    version, status, reason = self._read_status()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 258, in _read_status
    line = str(self.fp.readline(_MAXLINE + 1), "iso-8859-1")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/socket.py", line 586, in readinto
    return self._sock.recv_into(b)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/ssl.py", line 1009, in recv_into
    return self.read(nbytes, buffer)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/ssl.py", line 871, in read
    return self._sslobj.read(len, buffer)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/ssl.py", line 631, in read
    v = self._sslobj.read(len, buffer)
socket.timeout: The read operation timed out

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 445, in send
    timeout=timeout
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 638, in urlopen
    _stacktrace=sys.exc_info()[2])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 367, in increment
    raise six.reraise(type(error), error, _stacktrace)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/packages/six.py", line 686, in reraise
    raise value
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 600, in urlopen
    chunked=chunked)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 386, in _make_request
    self._raise_timeout(err=e, url=url, timeout_value=read_timeout)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 306, in _raise_timeout
    raise ReadTimeoutError(self, url, "Read timed out. (read timeout=%s)" % timeout_value)
urllib3.exceptions.ReadTimeoutError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.particle.io', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=10)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 128, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 358, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/garadget.py", line 68, in setup_platform
    covers.append(GaradgetCover(hass, args))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/garadget.py", line 102, in __init__
    self.update()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/garadget.py", line 227, in update
    status = self._get_variable('doorStatus')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/garadget.py", line 252, in _get_variable
    ret = requests.get(url, timeout=10)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 72, in get
    return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 58, in request
    return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 512, in request
    resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 622, in send
    r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 526, in send
    raise ReadTimeout(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ReadTimeout: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.particle.io', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=10)
2018-10-25 18:09:13 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain cover took 12.0 seconds.

I’m having the same issue. Anyone have an update on this? I’ve also noticed HA is no longer updating the “Home” app on my IOS device. It just keeps showing all lights and switches as “updating”

I figured it out, you have to generate a new token. See these two pages.
https://community.garadget.com/t/homekit-homebridge-gardaget-token/3487
https://community.garadget.com/t/using-garadget-in-ifttts-recipes/440

That did work, thanks. Whats odd is I had my username & password configured and it just suddenly stopped working. I guess they disabled this and didn’t let anyone know. Just grab the new access_token from the Garadget’s site or particle.io and update your hass.io configuration.yaml

I take that back, its no longer working and continues to timeout with the same error. Does anyone know if the maintainers read these topics?

Any fix on this. Mine is doing the same thing.

No and unfortunately I had to abandon the platform…

My app still works fine but the HA integration seems to have completely broken once i updated to .84 was intermittent in .83. I am gonna make a post over on the garadget forums and see if anyone has info over there.

Looks like they do have MQTT support. So I think that would work for me. May try that.

Hey guys, been looking into the garadget. Any updates on whether or not this is functioning again please?

works fine using mqtt. faster response times compared to cloud platform, but a little bit fiddlier to set up.

You can still use the access token method. It works good and is not hard to set up.