Garage door controller recommendation

Hi everyone!

I’m looking for a garage door controller that I can use with HA. I prefer if the controller was controlled locally and doesn’t require a cloud service.

I know I can geek out and create my own and code it. I’m just feeling lazy and would rather pay a premium price on Amazon, AliExpress, etc…, And just connect the wires and do the little programming that’s required.

Has anyone purchased a garage controller online that they like? Thanks in advance!

What protocol? Zwave? Zigbee? Wifi?

These look really nice. I have Aeotec gear which works very well. I don’t have this as I am going to DIY one using ESPhome.

I’m considering one of those as well, but not 100% sure on the integration with my door opener.

There’s also these

The fact that they sell refurbished unit turns me off… Why are people returning them…?

I have used this from OpenGarage for a long time without any issues. Works flawlessly and is easy to integrate into Home Assistant.

I second the OpenGarage recommendation - been using it for about 2 years now without a hitch. Very simple to install and integration into HA: