Garage Door Icon Not Changing

Hi
I just migrated to Home Assistant 0.106.0 and the garage door icon will not show open when it IS open. It always shows closed. I’m using sonoff SV with read switch. All the sonoff functions and relay reset automation is working fine. Even the “arrows” switch direction. You can see the color even changes to yellow because I added the state_color: true to toggle on/off, but meaning open = yellow, blue = closed as an added feature. BUT THE GARAGE DOES NOT SHOW OPEN…dang? Any Help Please. See picture. The garage is open as I type this. When I close it by tapping the highlighted down arrow, the garage turns blue and the arrows switch highlighted colors.

garage

Thank you to whoever can help!

can you change the icon to say, door and see if it behaves the same?

Hi, yes I did that, it acts the same. Does not open, but changes color when the garage door hits the read switch to show open and the arrows switch direction like they should. Do you think it’s in the mqtt commands or in the HA system? I added that manually to the config.yaml file too.
cover:

• platform: mqtt
    name: “Garage”
    state_topic: “cmnd/garagestate/POWER2”
    command_topic: “cmnd/garage/POWER”
    payload_open: “ON”
    payload_close: “ON”
    payload_stop: “ON”
    state_open: “ON”
    state_closed: “OFF”
    retain: false

I used the customize sections on the UI to change icon’s, etc.

The arrows switch like they should but the garage does not go UP and DOWN

if it reacts to state change by changing icon’s colour, MQTT seem to work - looks like UI issue.
Did it work before the update?
Is it he only binary sensor that behaves weird?
You could create a template binary sensor controlled by input_boolean and see if it behaves differently (changes its icon) to debug it.

I wish I knew how to make the template. I saw some on another post, I just get confused on where to put it and line it up in the yaml. And I had a really old version before and it worked fine. It’s weird right? I would assume others would be having the issue too. Thanks to you for getting back to me.

it’s not actually. Bugs come and go with every release.
try to add tis in your configuration

input_boolean:
  test_icon

binary_sensor:
  test_icon:
    value_template: "{{ states('input_boolean.test_icon') }}"
    icon_template: >
      {{ 'mdi:door-open' if is_state('input_boolean.test_icon', 'on') else 'mdi:door-closed' }}

and then add input_boolean.test_icon and binary_sensor.test_icon to UI and see if the door opens when you toggle input_boolean

Thanks, I added to config.yaml file.

How do I add it to UI? It is in the card I’m using?
This is all I am using for that card.

entities:

• entity: cover.garage
    state_color: true
    type: entities

Opps, see, I don’t know how to add to yaml very well yet. I will keep trying. Must be formatting or something

Invalid config for [input_boolean]: expected dictionary for dictionary value @ data[‘input_boolean’]. Got [‘test_icon’]. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 77).
Invalid config for [binary_sensor]: required key not provided @ data[‘platform’]. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 80).

yeah…
to add it to UI if you use Lovelace:
click three dots (top-right) and select configure, then + (right-bottom) and select “Entities”)
Select your entity from the list.

I got the below working. When I move that button above “off”, it opens the door. Then I click it again and it closes.
Picture2

Now what? hehe

Now … I go to have some sleep as I need it.
Well, seems like your customisation plays up.
Post here anything that is related to your non-working sensor.