Garage Door Nice Automation

Hi, I would like my garage automation (Nice Automation Italy) in home assistant and I’ld like understand what’s best way to implement this.
Beyond creating the opening and closing button, I’ld also like icon change according to the state.
Nice Automatione also supports Ifttt as a service.
Could you help me understand what’s the best way to implement this?
Many thanks everibody

here is my garage door config:

north_garage_door:
        friendly_name: 'North Garage Door'
        value_template: "{{ is_state('binary_sensor.garage_door_north_position_sensor', 'on') }}"
        open_cover:
          service: script.turn_on
          entity_id: script.open_gdn
        close_cover:
          service: script.turn_on
          entity_id: script.close_gdn
        stop_cover:
          service: switch.turn_on
          entity_id: switch.garage_door_north_operator_switch
        icon_template: "{% if not is_state('binary_sensor.garage_door_north_position_sensor', 'off') %}mdi:garage-open{% else %}mdi:garage{% endif %}"

I use the scripts to operate the garage door so I can use alexa to operate the door and to make sure that the door is in the correct position to operate the door. for example, if I tell the door to open I don’t want the operator to cycle if the door is already open…which would close the door.

thanks for the precious suggestion, I get to work … I hope to succeed …

I just noticed that I wasn’t as exp[licit as I should have been. that config was for the garage door cover component. It wasn’t an automation.

Oh yes I was noticing, because I had already read garage door … I’m point and head …

1 Like