Garbage pickup date (mijnafvalwijzer.nl) custom_component

That’s not possible, because in you custom_component, Belgian locations & wastecollector Limburg.NET is not supported

Hi, perhaps it is something in my system, but on the latest HA and mijnafvalwijzer the AfvalWijzer.today sensor seems stuck on a day until I reboot. Going to the website mijnafvalwijzer lists 25 as next date (gft) but my cards in ha (several) show restafval as next (20-01). Are there any troubles know or is it my system? Config almost stock (using secrets)

this should be placed under / within de sensor condif ?

This is a template sensor and should be in your

template:

section in your yaml config files

Hi,

I’m getting it finally to work with Limburg.Net !! Nice work !

Unfortunately, I’m having issues with following warning:

* Template warning: 'as_timestamp' got invalid input '03 Feb' when rendering template '{{as_timestamp(strptime(states('sensor.limburg_net_pmd'),'%d-%m-%Y'))}}' but no default was specified. Currently 'as_timestamp' will return 'None', however this template will fail to render in Home Assistant core 2022.1

Could you maybe have a look ?

Thanks in advance !

Kr,

Bart

Hey Bart , the warning speaks for itself. You need top set defaults on the as_timestamp.

check Updating Templates with the new default values in 2021.10.x on how to do that.

Hi, this question might have been asked ad nauseam here,
but can anyone point me to the location of the image files in this genre:
gft3
glas
kca

For glass an nothing i can only find the 6767 icons…
I’m looking for the 300
300 ones in the same style

Hi I’m new in the Homeassistant world.
In have Hacs installed and the afvalwijzer.

I got the sensors working
But how do i get the nice looks with pictures?

Fontend installed

• Button-card
  • Auto-entities
  • Mini-grap-card

I’ve just started using this addon and use the following in my dashboard:

type: horizontal-stack
title: Afvalophaling
cards:
  - type: picture-entity
    entity: sensor.recycleapp_afvalophaling_vandaag
    name: Vandaag
    state_image:
      gft: /local/gft.png
      papier: /local/papier.png
      restafval: /local/rest.png
      plastic verpakkingsafval: /local/pmd.png
      Geen: /local/geen2.png
      restafval, papier: /local/papier_rest.png
  - type: picture-entity
    entity: sensor.recycleapp_afvalophaling_morgen
    name: Morgen
    state_image:
      gft: /local/gft.png
      papier: /local/papier.png
      restafval: /local/rest.png
      plastic verpakkingsafval: /local/pmd.png
      Geen: /local/geen2.png
      restafval, papier: /local/papier_rest.png

which results in the following:

the refferences to /local go to the config/www folder

2 Likes

After a restart my Afvalwijzer doesn’t work anymore. I got an error message saying the ‘include_date_today’ parameter isn’t known. Strange, but disabling it in configuration.yaml made the error go away.
However, I don’t get any info anymore for the different pickup dates: it just says Unknown. Were there any changes I’m not aware of? Or is the service down?

Found the cause: include_date_today has been renamed to exclude_pickup_today. Changed it in configuration.yaml.

1 Like

Can you post the yaml for that card ??

did you try and find it above? its posted a few times…

1 Like

Hi,
Today I tried to setup this integration but I ran into the following error which I can’t get my head around without any help of you:

Source: custom_components/afvalwijzer/collector/mijnafvalwijzer.py:76
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 16:13:27 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:13:27

Error while setting up afvalwijzer platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 249, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/config/custom_components/afvalwijzer/sensor.py", line 69, in async_setup_platform
    collector = await hass.async_add_executor_job(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/afvalwijzer/collector/mijnafvalwijzer.py", line 47, in __init__
    ) = self.get_waste_data_provider()
  File "/config/custom_components/afvalwijzer/collector/mijnafvalwijzer.py", line 76, in get_waste_data_provider
    json_response["ophaaldagen"]["data"]
KeyError: 'ophaaldagen'

I can’t find/see the sensors in my developer tools either.
What can be the case?

Could someone help me to set up afvalwijzer? I’ts pretty difficult…

show us what you did and what happened?

1 Like

For those interested in using Node-RED instead of Home Assistant automations and Template Sensors, I shared and explained my setup here: Afvalwijzer automation with Node-RED

It is, I’ve given up as well and seeing the last meaningful post was months ago, I am not the only one.
This thread is riddled with questions that do not seem to get answered.

I’d love to have just a quick manual for the basic configuration, but the github page is messy, just snippets of code without context.

I suggest you move on and find a better solution. I am currently looking at GitHub - pippyn/Home-Assistant-Sensor-Afvalbeheer: Provides Home Assistant sensors for multiple Dutch and Belgium waste collectors

1 Like

The place where I live is connected to afvalwijzer and not afvalbeheer. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I don’t know how to add (and where to find) the images to the lovelace dashboard. I do see pick-up dates at the moment.