Gardena smart system + Home assistant?

Hi all,

Anyone any recent information on this point? I’m trying to connect to the api without any luck. It just hangs on the credentials pop-up. After refresh, it then says “initialisation failed”

On the redirect URL I’ve tried adding these:

http://homeassistant.local:8123/auth/external/callback
https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.ui.nabu.casa/redirect/oauth

currently running Home Assistant 2023.7.1 and Installed Garden V1.0.0 integration via HACS.

I got it working - I signed up to the dev-portal with a different email address (new account) instead of using the email address I originally used to create the Gardena app account. In other words, the smart-phone app and the developer account should use the same credentials

I have the smart water control and sensor running nicely in HA.

I was just wondering if anyone knows why the smart water control automagically switches itself off after 25mins?

@edgehassio
You can set a default runtime within the Gardena App under Smart Water Contoll, Settings, manual button. When you use a button within home assistant it’s basically the same as pressing the button on the device.

Within the settings of the HA integration you also can set the default times.

1 Like

Hi Sebastian, can you share your Card Smart Sileno please?

Sorry for the (very) late response. It’s correct what you are saying. I was looking at the Husqvarna API and not the Gardena Smart API. With the Husqvarna API you can get the GPS location of the mower. So I could check if the mower is in a certain HA zone and send him back if we are not home. It would be great to have this functionality in the Gardena API.

I am quite sure that none of the current Gardena mower models has a built in GPS. You can quite easily see that because all of them need a boundary cable and mow in a random pattern. Mowers with GPS are usually exactly those models that do not need a border cable and that mow in a controlled non-chaotic pattern.

So If I look on the map on the Gardena Mower app, I can see the mower (her name is Gloria) mowing. The location is correct. So I assumed this is GPS location.

Oh I see. I guess this is the new Gardena LONA system. Still with a border cable but nevertheless location aware. So I stand corrected: GPS coordinates would indeed make sense in the Gardena API for the latest mower generation.