Gas meter with a scale, energy integration

Hello,

I’m using a scale with tasmota to measure my gas bottle consumption.
I have 80KG when full and 40KG em empty, how can I use this information to feed the gas part of the new energy panel?

Thanks,

Julio Silva

Hello, unfortunately I can not help with your problem. But I also plan to weigh my gas cylinders.
Could you please describe your scale or give instructions.

best thanks

Hello, I can describe what I did.
I found a way to get 5V to the gas house (I do not want 230V inside a “house” with gas…) and I’ve used an old “human” scale, removed the enectronics, so I had all 4 load cells properly located and mounted, then used an HX711 board (https://www.electrofun.pt/sensores-arduino/modulo-conversor-hx711-para-sensor-de-peso) connected to a Wemos D1 Mini Pro (I’ve used the PRO so I can have external antenna since the gas house is a little too far from my house, but Wemos D1 Mini antenna was working also).
Then connected like this https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/arduino/optimized/4X/9/0/f/90f2ef0e694b1960b894ac10e2ee480a90cd5a51_2_500x426.png
And flashed Wemos with ESPHome and used the example on HX711 Load Cell Amplifier — ESPHome
Calibrated with my weight, not a 100% way to do it, but I really do not want to know if the bottle has 75kg or 72kg, I just need to know 80KG means bottle full and 40KG means bottle empty, even if the real weight of full is 82,5kg and empty 46,2kg does not matter, since what I want is how far am I to have an empty bottle. Also keep in mind that there are flutuations regarding the ambient temperature, even if you are not using GAS you’ll have weight variation.
But it’s better to know that you have 50kg and are near being empty, than do not know nothing :slight_smile:
This is my “standby” bottle, I’m not using gas from this one, and you can see is showing some variation:
This is my card (need some work, but gives all the information I need, the bar changes color when near empty):

If I can somehow integrate or generate data for the energy panel it would be great…

I’ve also added a backup battery, so when the power is down ESP keeps working, I believe with the current battery I can have 4hours of normal use without external power.

I’ve also was thinking of placing a solar power to charge the battery during day, and use the battery over night, but I ended up to keep the actual power solution, since I did not have much time to try the solar panel solution…

I’ve forgot to say, I have an “In use bottle” and a “Standby bottle” ready to be used when the “in use” is empty.
I had a 2nd old scale laying arround so I have 2 scales each one with his HX711, and connected to the same Wemos (separated pins) and ESPHome can deal with both HX711 on the same ESP!

If you need further assitance please let me know!

Regards,

JS

Hello, thanks for the tutorial. There I will not be bored on the weekend. :crazy_face: