Gates forgetting state

My flow uses many gates. A malfunction began a few months ago in all of my automated lighting that I’ve traced to those gates resetting to their Default State, untriggered but quickly. I could manually open a gate and check on it 5 minutes later to find that it’s closed. I’ve verified that there’s no way the flow is triggering them. This is a new behavior. Does anyone know what’s happened to the gates?

Gates are not a standard part of NR - are you referring to node-red-contrib-simple-gate? I use this one, and it has a “Restore from state” option - do you have this checked? Otherwise I expect every full deploy it will forget. Looking at mine it has a drop-down beside this field for where the store is located. I don’t remember this from when I first set them up. In my case there is nothing selected and only “default” in the drop-down. This looks like it could be some previous breaking change, but mine all still appear to work fine without it set.

You could also check the NR logs - perhaps it is restarting for some reason? I run NR separately (not the addon), and therefore you have to configure context manually to be stored in a file rather than just in memory, or a restart will cause it to forget. I’m guessing the NR addon does this for you.

It doesn’t. It is the same process you would take to enable it on a stand alone. The file settings.js is located in \addon_configs\a0d7b954_nodered

https://nodered.org/docs/user-guide/context#saving-context-data-to-the-file-system