GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Dimmer 46203 Dimmer Not Working in HA

I recently purchased quite of few GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Dimmer (Model 46203) after struggling to find a good zwave dimmer switch. The switch itself works great (especially after configuring minimum and maximum values. However, the dimmer functionality in HA does not work.

I noticed after adding the device that the Dimmer was a disabled entity (see pictures below). Any idea why that would be? I can enable the entity and I get a slider, but it has no impact on the dimming of the lights.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! This is my first device to add to HA (so a little disappointed in how it’s going). But, more importantly, I need to know if I need to return this switches and look elsewhere.

Config parameter 16 in zwaveJS is for enable/disable (1/0) switch mode

To allow dimming this should be set = 0

Maybe this is your issue as currently it just work as normal on/off switch correct?

The dimmer functionality is not disabled, it’s the light entity with the big yellow light bulb. The disabled one is a number entity that provides access to the Basic Command Class, which is not useful for most users.

1 Like

I just confirmed, parameter 16 is set to 0.

The entity with the bulb just allows for turning the lights on/off, unless I am missing something.

I don’t know what you’ve looked at so far, but did you click on it?

I also found this confusing at first. You might want to look at some custom UI options like this one:

Ahh… click on it and then the Control icon in the upper right. Slightly embarrassed to admit that, but I know I’ve seen others with this same issue…

All working now! Thanks for the assistance!

1 Like

Sorry, I had forgotten that clicking on the entity from the Device page brings up the entity settings, so if are starting from there I can understand the confusion. Glad you could figure it out.

If you access the entity from other UI elements such as the Entities card it’s obvious since you start from the control view.