GE/Jasco 26933 issues

How are you setting the switch to Manual mode before adding it to your Z-Wave network? I seem to remember there’s a button combo for it but I haven’t been able to find the manual online, just a spec sheet which has details about factory reset but not changing the operation mode.

I cannot remember the details, but you are right it’s a button combo. It was in the instructions when I bought the swithces, but of course I did not keep them around. Hopefully someone else on this forum kept them. :slight_smile:

I’ll dig through some boxes tonight. Possible I kept the original manual. I’m surprised I couldn’t find it on the Jasco site

Found the manual! Here’s what I tried (with no luck – both *_burglar_* states show 254)

• Remove node in HA
  • Restart HA
  • Verify node is removed
  • Factory reset switch (10 taps within 5s on the top button)
  • Power cycle (pull clear tab out then push back in)
  • Move in front of the switch (to verify that the switch reset to Occupancy mode)
  • Switch to Manual mode (hold the side button – behind the panel, then the top button, then the bottom button all at the same time)
  • Add node in HA
  • Check newly created *_burglar_* entities (both still show 254)

Would someone with working motion reporting mind checking on the application version under the Node Information button in the ZWave panel? Mine is 5.27 and I have a suspicion maybe they’ve sold different versions of these with different firmwares.

This worked for me as well, thanks!

5.27 here with a working burglar sensor for all 4 of my 26933 switches.

One thing to note is that until it detects movement, they all initialize at 254. It’s only after they detect something that they go to 8. I did switch all of mine to high motion sensitivity.

1 Like

Have this switch set up. I’ve been having issues with the sensor reliably triggering lights via home assistant when set to manual mode. I have it installed in the bathroom and thus I’d like the lights to be set to dim during the late evening hours with a short timeout but otherwise a longer timeout outside of these hours.

I’d like to create an automation to set timeout duration and brightness via Z-wave node configuration but I’m having trouble setting it via automation/call service (works in the Home Assistant Z-wave config panel). Any assistance is appreciated.

Ok maybe everyone else already knew this but after a few years of having this switch and being annoyed I could never get the motion detection working I figured it out:

You have to make sure to add the node securely (with encryption). Using OpenZWave it looks like this:

I seem to remember in the old ZWave integration there was an “Add Node Secure” button that did the same thing. My motion works now. Now if I could just get the thing to give me better realtime updates so that it would stay in sync with the state in HA.

is it a zwave plus device?

Yes. Is this true of all ZWave Plus motion devices?