GE Switches Not Updating - ZwaveJS to MQTT Integration

I upgraded my Zwave configration from OpenZwave to ZwaveJS-to-MQTT and disabled the MQTT Gateway (use zwavejs2mqtt only as Control Panel). I have noticed that HA is no longer showing the correct status on my GE switches. I can still control the devices from HA and they will show the right status when commanded from HA.

I have seen several posts with issues due to the GE switches not providing status updates:

I have tried the solution of adding polling but it’s not working as I don’t have a zwave entry in my config.yaml file. When I add similar code below to my config file, it creates a duplicate zwave integration that seems to results in other problems:

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
  polling_interval: 30000
  device_config:
    switch.hallway_light_switch_2_0:      
      polling_intensity: 1

I have also tried to add polling through the ZwaveJStoMQTT configuration without much success.

Appreciate any help in getting this sorted out.

Thanks!

1 Like

Unfortunately, the zwave section of your config does nothing for the JS integration. That is solely for OZW.

What are the model numbers of the switches your are using?

Thanks for the reply. The product codes as reported by ZwaveJS-to-MQTT are as follows:

• 14291/ZW4005
  • 39348 / 54890 / 54891 / ZW4008

I have a total of 8 of the 45609 and one each of the other 2 models.

Thanks!

1 Like

I believe the 45609’s will be a problem. Later versions of the switches and dimmers do “better” at reporting their statuses quicker.

1 Like

go to the control panel and add this in the general section click on new value link and select the device you want polled

5 Likes

I didn’t know they added polling!! Sweet!!

I tried that yesterday but it didn’t seem to work then but it’s working now.

Is there a way to make the polling quicker? The limit is 10 seconds and was hoping to have it update a bit faster.

Thanks

polling adds a lot of traffic to your network but you could add another polling for the same devices and set it at like 15 seconds or something then it should get hit multiple times

1 Like

Maybe someone can figure this out as an automation or show us how to do it in node red Node Red “Polling”
like this guy did. See graphic below for flow. If anyone can help and others, how to scan watch for the change and then request a poll via node/red or an automate that would be amazing!

I have 2 qubino mini dimmers in zwavejs2mqtt. The first one is on firmware 20.0 and updates it’s entity without issue. The 2nd one is on firmware 20.2 and does not reflect it’s status in HA. Why would this be? If I refresh the control panel in zwavejs2mqtt it does show the correct value, but not in HA.

How are you integrating with HA? zwavejs or mqtt ?

The zwavejs web socket.

1 Like

Sorry for the questions, but there are many levels here. Are you using the community jwavejs2mqtt addon or the generic one, separate from HA? I am currently testing the one separate from HA with the zwavejs integration on HA Container.

Me 2, I’m running it all in docker. So a container with zwavejs2mqtt and ha. I do have a mqtt container running for zigbee2mqtt but that came after I started using the zwavejs container.

So the setup in total is everything in a separate docker container. Ha, z2m, mqtt, zwavejs2mqtt

If you installed zwavejs2mqtt in a separate container without using the addon from HA Supervisor, I would start a discussion in the GitHub repo.The developers there can assist in troubleshooting & determining where the issue exists.