Ge zwave add-on 12723

Anyone else having trouble with the add-on switch by ge not updating the master switch state in HA (in a 3way config)? The add-on switch does not have zwave in it btw. The master switch’s led does change from on to off using the add-on switch.

Same here. I have two sets of them and after seeing this realized that it explains some state update issues I had.

I didn’t catch that it was the second switch, I enabled polling to clean up the state issues, but that seems more like a workaround.

I’m having the same issues with my GE switches. I’d love to take a look at your polling config. I’ve attempted to enable polling on them but the only time I can get HA to update their state is when restarted. This tells me that HA is capable of polling the switch, it just doesn’t seem to want to do it during normal operation. Any suggestions would be fantastic as I’ve been banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out.

Sample config
usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
polling_interval: 30000
customize:
switch.lamp_switch_2_0:
polling_intensity: 1

This is what my config looks like I poll the GE devices half as often because most of the time they update on their own. 30000 is the fastest recommended polling interval over all.

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
  polling_interval: 30000
  customize:
    switch.leviton_garage_lights_switch_6_0:
    switch.leviton_front_porch_light_switch_8_0:
    switch.ge_upstairs_hall_switch_12_0:
      polling_intensity: 2
    switch.ge_main_hall_switch_11_0:
      polling_intensity: 2