Generic Thermostat Physical Controller

I make use of the Generic Thermostat Integration for a few rooms with great success, but I’ve always wanted a physical way to control them without having to take out my phone. I.e It can be hard to know if the the Thermostat is in Idle (heat) mode or just off

In the past I’ve used a Nest Display and casted a dashboard to it with a Thermostat card on it (and maybe some other items), but it was never really reliable, and then the display couldn’t show pictures.

I was pretty excited then when I came across these Moes Tuya IR Thermostat Controller devices. Figured I could just use them as a physical remote for my Generic Thermostat entities.

I just finished setting one up and it works great!

When through the setup process and chose an AC unit at random, then connected it to home assistant with local tuya. One pretty basic automation later (to keep it and the generic thermostat entity in sync) and I have fully functional physical thermostat remote. I was even able to use it’s internal temperature sensor for the Generic Thermostat instead of the dedicated one I was using previous.

Looks like there is a different model with a color screen too - here.

I was looking for a really log time for something like this. So I hope this help someone else!

1 Like

I did this

Thanks so much for posting this! I have a generic thermostat set up to toggle my gas fireplace in order to keep the room at a consistent temperature. I’ve always wanted a physical device so other family members can quickly see the set temperature and determine if it should be adjusted. Finally got around to Googling it and stumbled upon your post. Ordering one of these now!

Hi guys,
I’ve been through this post and ordered same controller suggested by @cfoucher (Tuya). I tried to set it up on HA with both Tuya and localTuya, but no way to make that work as climate ! I wonder how you could achieve this ?
I need to have both generic Thermostat and the screen in sync (target temp / ON/OFF).

Could you please advice on how to do ?

Thank you very much for your help

How did you manage to configure the MOES device s16pro into Homeassistant. I could configure it though local tuya but it never sends the IR signal.

I only can control them though Alexa integration, nodered, or just using scenes witch are compatibles with native online tuya integration.