Generic x86 - Bluetooth

I have a Minisforum GK41 https://droix.co.uk/product/minisforum-gk41/ on which I have installed the Generic x86 image. It has been running beautifully for a few months.

However I now want to use some Tile Mates as presence detection for cleaners, pool people, etc. But I cannot get the Bluetooth to work. Any idea how to go about checking & updating the Bluetooth drivers with the Generic x86?

Drivers on GNU/Linux work very different to Windows. They are part of the kernel and they should work out of the box, no installing/updating required.

You haven’t provided enough information for us to help you. Which integration are you using? Are there any errors in your Home Assistant log? Anything interesting in dmesg?

Thank you for your response @ondras12345. Sorry that it has taken me so long to respond.

To be honest i do not know if the Bluetooth is working.

When I run dmseg I get the following Bluetooth response:

[1207126.252087] Bluetooth: hcio: command 0x0419 tx timeout
[1207133.804004] Bluetooth: hcio: command 0x0401 tx timeout

This is repeated every few lines with a different timestamp(?) at the beginning.

Did you find any solution?
I have the minisforum GK41 too and I have installed debian 12 bookwarm in it. At the beginning the bluetooth was working well, but now it seems to be broken.
It’s like the bluetooth adapter inside is no longer seen/detected

My friend and I see the same with the Minisforum UN1265. The Bluetooth integration fails to initialize. The product description says it is Bluetooth 5.2 but not sure what chip is onboard. When I use bluetoothctl from HA OS, this is the output:

➜  ~ bluetoothctl
Agent registered
[bluetooth]# list
[bluetooth]# scan on
No default controller available
[bluetooth]#

My HA info is:

Core: 2024.1.0
Supervisor: 2023.12.0
Operating System: 11.2
Frontend: 20240103.3

One of the log messages:

Logger: bluetooth_auto_recovery.recover
Source: config_entries.py:406
First occurred: January 3, 2024 at 10:11:28 PM (1270 occurrences)
Last logged: 2:53:48 PM

Could not determine the power state of the Bluetooth adapter hci0 [00:00:00:00:00:00] due to timeout after 5 seconds
Bluetooth adapter hci0 [00:00:00:00:00:00] could not be reset:

As you can see, the adapter address is blank. The logs address it as hci0, which does not appear in the All Hardware list in HA. I hope this helps or leads toward some kind of resolution.

It’s funny that I should post this 1 day before this is fixed! I was prompted to upgrade to HA OS 11.3, and Bluetooth is now working on the Minisforum UN1265!