Geo Home Smart Meter integration

Here’s the email I sent to [email protected]

Hi,

I recently bought a Geo WiFi module to add to my Geo Trio II device that EDF supplied when installing smart meters earlier this year.

Whilst it connects happily to my WiFi, it is not connecting to the Geo cloud so I cannot get a code to set up the geohome app. In the device status under cloud it says

“Problem with Cloud
Waiting for cloud service connection, please wait”

but has said this for over a month now!

I have attached a photo of the Device Info page if this helps.

Many thanks,

I got a ticket assigned 2 days later and it was sorted out 8 days after that.

Hope that might help!
Ben

Hi all,

I have the Trio device and have successfully linked it to my meter and also set up the app on my iPhone.

I have installed the Geo Home integration using the same user/password as for the app. Loads of entities are created but all are unavailable.

Checking the logs shows 401.

I have read that I need to get geotogether to enable my meter but they have replied saying that this is not a service they offer.

What, exactly, do I need to ask customer support to do ?

Thank You

+1 for that too. I asked Geo and they’ve said contrary to what a lot of online forums suggest they do not offer that service.

Does the integration still work for people?

I’m thinking of spamming them with GDPR requests daily and see if I can parse the replies…?

The integration works for me.

401 is an authorisation error. Probably obvious but are your username and password correct?

You’ll find them in Settings / Devices & Services / Geo Home / Configure.

@PJR101, have you had your Geo Home account for some time?

I’m trying to figure out the pattern here. Perhaps newer accounts don’t have something enabled? I didn’t have to do anything other than enter my credentials to get it working when I built this.

I am getting concerned about the number of people getting angry at Geo Home, and I don’t want them to take action which breaks things for everyone. For now, please can people stop emailing them and we can try to figure out why it works for some and not others.

I got mine in January last year through Drayton Wiser’s Insights+ program, and it is still working for me with this integration.

Since the Trio provides data into both the Geo Together and Wiser apps, then I expect it needs to have the API enabled, although I did need to set up a separate login with Geo Together before I got data from that (Insights+ worked straight out of the box).

Note that I initially used a more manual method for collecting data into HA. Maybe those having problems now could try that as it may give a few more indicators of any problems.

May be unrelated, but i’ve been using the same older manual method as dunxd above successfully for months. But no new data since 21/12. Same in GeoHome app on mobile. Tried HACS version, still no data. Tried resetting IHD(Trio touchbutton), connects to meter and wifi networks fine but will not show secure code for online setup. Think i may have been blocked…

only error i see is in HA core logs:

Logger: homeassistant.components.command_line
Source: components/command_line/init.py:48
Integration: command_line (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 28 December 2022 at 14:37:23 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 28 December 2022 at 14:37:23

Command failed (with return code 6): curl -H "Authorization: Bearer None" -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type: application/json" 'https://api.geotogether.com/api/userapi/system/smets2-live-data/unavailable'

I’ve had it probably 3 months now. I set it up on HA a couple of weeks ago. I got it originally to get the Insights+ reports from my Wiser heating. Not sure if that makes any difference.

I have the same experience as you, Have had this working with the original manual yaml method for months with 0 issues, then suddenly no data reported as of 21/12.

I have since disabled the yaml entry & installed the HACS integration with no data being reported again.

Not sure what is casing this, I’m guessing it’s API related, unconfirmed though

My integration also stopped updating in HA and also with the Geo Home app.
I contacted the support team who asked for my MAC address and they appeared to know it was an issue.

It’s now working again. BUT my IHD no longer shows a code in the Online setup section.

Is your IHD still able to communicate with the meter? My gas meter stopped talking to my IHD and I raised it with Geo and my gas supplier. After a bit of back and forth with both my gas supplier informed me they also stopped getting data from my meter. It took a few weeks to resolve but now it is working again. The key was giving the error code displayed on the Trio to my gas supplier and persisting with them.

Yes it’s communicating fine and always has done. It was just the Geo app (and HA integration) that stopped.

I’ve switched from the manual yaml edit geo integration to mmillmor’s.

The refresh time seems a bit slower on mmillmor’s integration though. I’m sure it refreshed after ~10seconds previously.

FYI, it’s set it to update every 2 minutes to avoid overwhelming their servers

If this is of any use to anyone - the code below works with the hacs-multiscrape to obtain the CV for the area I am in [in the UK]. Change the PublicationObjectStagingIds to the one that matches your local area.

https://www.nationalgrid.com/gas-transmission/data-and-operations/calorific-value-cv

- resource: "http://mip-prd-web.azurewebsites.net/CustomDataDownload\
            ?LatestValue=true\
            &Applicable=applicableFor\
            &FromUtcDatetime={{(now()-timedelta(days=2)).strftime('%Y-%m-%dT00:00:00.000Z')}}\
            &ToUtcDateTime={{now().strftime('%Y-%m-%dT00:00:00.000Z')}}\
            &PublicationObjectStagingIds=PUBOBnnnn"  
  scan_interval: 86400
  name: Gas Calorific Value
  sensor:
    - unique_id: calorific_value
      name: Calorific Value
      select: "#DataResult > tbody > tr > td:nth-child(4)"
#      select: "#DataResult > tbody > tr:nth-child(1) > td:nth-child(4)"
      unit_of_measurement: "MJ/m³"
      attributes:
      - name: Data Item 
        select: "#DataResult > tbody > tr > td:nth-child(3)"
        value_template: "{{value.split(',')[1]}}"
      - name: Generated Time
        select: "#DataResult > tbody > tr > td:nth-child(5)"
      - name: Generated Time Header # to verify we've got the correct data
        select: "#DataResult > thead > tr > th:nth-child(5)"
      - name: Conversion Factor
        select: "#DataResult > tbody > tr > td:nth-child(4)"
        value_template: "{{(value | float * 1.02264 / 3.6) | round(5)}}"
      on_error:
        value: last

How did you determine your local area? The page that National Grid links to for this no longer exists.

I used that xoserve page - but I can see it no-longer exists… :frowning:

This one seems to work: https://www.energybrokers.co.uk/gas/ldz-search

https://www.energybrokers.co.uk/gas/gas-network/SC-local-distribution-zone

Thanks. It’s great to know how to get the data, but I think the steps to jump through to get the PublicationObjectStagingIds are just too complicated for me to put this in the integration - I’ll spend my whole time responding to questions about how to do it. I’m going to stick with the hard coded value for now. You can of course calculate your own kWh reading from the raw m^3 reading and your own calorific value sensor though

BTW, I also tried a direct copy and paste of that, adding scrape: at the start. It didn’t work - it complained about the attributes being invalid. Am I missing something?

Hi all,

Has anyone contacted geotogether recently about enabling the API. I had a response yesterday saying “This is not a service we provide.”

sorry - I anonymised my PublicationObjectStagingIds=nnnn

substitute your area to get the correct CV for your area.

I agree it is fiddly to find it, so I understand that it does not make sense to add it to your integration.

I used the multiscrape intergration in HACS. You may need to modify it if using the scrape integration

in my configuration.yaml file

multiscrape: !include hacs_multiscrape.yaml

in my hacs_multiscape.yaml

- resource: "http://mip-prd-web.azurewebsites.net/CustomDataDownload\
            ?LatestValue=true\
etc
etc