Get data from APC Smart + Network Management Card via SMTP

Just wanted to hop and say thanks for this, was debating on doing the APC NIS method but this was much easier!

1 Like

I’m new to Home Assistant and have an APC SmartUPS 1500 with an NMC2 card installed. I’m on the latest version of HA and all devices have the latest firmware from APC.

From what I understand, the code above acts like a driver to create a new sensor in HA for the APC NMC cards. What I don’t understand is where to put this code. How do I create this new sensor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Inside configuration.yaml

I changed the device name and ip address and pasted the code to the end of configuration.yaml. I then tested it in HA Developer tools. Here is the message:

Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: while parsing a block mapping
in “/config/configuration.yaml”, line 3, column 1
expected , but found ‘’
in “/config/configuration.yaml”, line 18, column 3

I’m trying to add my much older APC SmartUPS 1000XL with a APC9606 network card using SNMP. My baseoid is only 9 to 12 characters .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0 and varies. Nothing like what I’m seeing in this thread.

Also adding the different examples (editing for a single UPS) and inputting the needed changes causes issues.

Solved

Had to place it in with other declared sensor: section in the config.yaml and just change the IP address working like a charm.

If using NUT integration, localhost should be replaced with “a0d7b954-nut”

Hy,

any idea to get the power in Watt?

Steffen

1 Like
  - platform: snmp
    name: rack_apc_ups_load_watts
    host: SNMP_IP
    baseoid: 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.1.4.2.8.0
    accept_errors: true
    unit_of_measurement: 'W'

Supposedly needs to be 6.5 or above - bug in earlier (6.4) version - thankfully I’m already on 6.5

And for Output Voltage, for trimming:

- platform: snmp
    name: rack_apc_ups_output_voltage
    host: SNMP_IP
    baseoid: .1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.1.4.2.1.0   
    accept_errors: true
    unit_of_measurement: 'V'

EDIT: APC UPS Monitoring - Useful OIDs