Get date time value inside custom component

Hi, I develop a custom component for my smart thermostat. I need to get and set the value of a input datetime sensor inside the custom component code. How can I do??

Thanks

You’ll need to call the input_datetime.set_datetime service with hass.services.call.

Thanks I will try it

Hi try but I don’t understand how can I call services with python custom component. Please can you write me an example?
Thank you

I have never written a custom component, I just found this on the fourms, try Google.

Did you find a way to do it … If so, could you give me an example?

Thank you,

Did nothing come up related in a google?

I have done hours of research and pretty hard to find anything … Your topic is basically what I’m trying to do!

If you know an Home Assistant genuine component that do such thing, I’ll get a look! Or better, if you managed to solve your initial problem, it would be great if you could share your Git / code…

Thx!

Wait, what are you trying to do? Is it custom-component related or not?

Yes… it is custom component related!

Within a binary sensor, in my custom component, through its attributes, I present some related information that I wish the user could edit…

Untitled-2

In this view, it would be great if the user could click on Begins and Runs times and adjust them!

Again, if you have any examples/Git links that shows something like that, do not hesitate to share!

Thank-you!

Pierre-Luc

That isn’t possible from the frontend.

Ok for this one … But any idea if we can create these input_datetime “entities” automatically when mounting our custom component?

Untitled-2

I manually created these entries in my configuration.yaml file. It would be great if I could generate these entries with my custom component and interact with my code variables…

Check the input_number source code and see if you can make an input_number.py file, probably.

I know this is an old post but did you work out how to create time entities from the custom_component?
Or at least be able to interact with user created ones?

I never managed to figure out how to make this work in a custom component!

I explored a lot of integrations, but couldn’t find any that made such an input!

Saw a few to explore while on vacation…whenever I have a moment I’ll check them out. If you find how to get there, please share! Thanks.

If I find out before I’ll share as well!