Get 'innogy SmartHome Empfangseinheit iM871A-USB' adapter to work

Hi community,
I need to get the adapter ‘innogy SmartHome Empfangseinheit = iM871A-USB’ to work in order to be able to read my water meter.
The USB adapter gets recognized, but the driver doesn’t automatically get installed. In order to work in need to execute the following command:

bash -c "echo \$'ACTION==\"add\", ATTRS{idVendor}==\"10c4\", ATTRS{idProduct}==\"87ed\", RUN+=\"/sbin/modprobe cp210x\" RUN+=\"/bin/sh -c \\'echo 10c4 87ed > /sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/cp210x/new_id\\'\"' > /etc/udev/rules.d/99-imst.rules"

As I´m running HassOS I have no clue how to run this command. Can anyone help me?

1 Like

Hi @timtatam,
did you ever get it to work?
I bought the same (cheap) dongle (as it is in fact iM871a based) but struggle to get it recognized by wmbusmeters.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

1 Like

Hi @Caibuk ,
I setup a dedicated debian vm and installed the driver there. I got it recognized by wmbus meter but never made it to receive any telegrams from the watermeter.
I’m not sure if my stick is alright as I can here something rattling inside or that something else is causing the problem. For the moment I did not follow up on it

1 Like

Hey there, I have also bought this one :smiley: Any luck with getting that working?