Get JSON data from entity in Node Red

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to get JSON data from an entity state in Node-RED. Someone who can explain to me how this works?

The intention is that when an update is available (sensor = on) I will receive the release notes link and version number in a pushover JSON message.

In short, how do I get this data in a JSON message to pushover?

[{"id":"14d06f99.c5ba9","type":"tab","label":"Flow 1","disabled":false,"info":""},{"id":"737da571.2e4bcc","type":"debug","z":"14d06f99.c5ba9","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","x":750,"y":380,"wires":[]},{"id":"1098cf2d.71c4a1","type":"trigger-state","z":"14d06f99.c5ba9","name":"","server":"8e9ec046.8c74c","entityid":"binary_sensor.updater","entityidfiltertype":"exact","debugenabled":false,"constraints":[],"constraintsmustmatch":"all","outputs":2,"customoutputs":[],"outputinitially":true,"state_type":"str","x":450,"y":400,"wires":[["737da571.2e4bcc","b92a1cd6.df993"],[]]},{"id":"b92a1cd6.df993","type":"api-call-service","z":"14d06f99.c5ba9","name":"Pushover","server":"8e9ec046.8c74c","version":1,"service_domain":"notify","service":"pushover","entityId":"","data":"","dataType":"json","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":760,"y":460,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"8e9ec046.8c74c","type":"server","z":"","name":"Home Assistant","legacy":false,"hassio":true,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true}]

I know this can be done in automations but i want it in Node-RED.

You can construct a data payload in a template node from your incoming message, convert the string into an object using the json node and feed that into your service call.

Template Node:

{"data":{"message":"{{data.event.new_state.attributes.newest_version}}"}}

You can also connect directly with pushover from Node-Red. You don’t have to tie Pushover to HA.

Thank you! it works now.