Get snapshot/picture from camera to use in another system

Hi, i have cameras configured in my HA, but i am also using another external cloud system, where i can enter a snapshot url to capture JPEG pictures

so, is it possible i enter somekind of URL to HA to get a snapshot from the camera?
i can do it now directly to my foscam camera, but i need to expose then each camera to internet with port forwarding, i now want it directly from HA

thnx in advance

Have you tried the camera.snapshot service?

Hmm, not sure how to obtain the snapshot in a url…

In my cloud system I can only provide an url, that’s it… That url should be the snapshot

Ah, ok, I think I understand now what you’re trying to do. At first I was a bit confused by your description.

Sorry, but I’m not aware of a way to get a snapshot externally. There might be; I just don’t know.

Rather than something external trying to pull a snapshot, could you push one instead? Not sure what event determines when you want this to happen, but you could have a HA automation that called the camera.snapshot service, then used an e-mail or SMS notifier to push the snapshot somewhere I would think.

did you try to configure camera.generic with the snapshot URL? If you have a URL to capture a JPEG it should work :slight_smile:

yes, i have a generic camera, i entered there the snapshot url from my camera
so indeed snapshots in HA is working like it should from all my cams

but i have a second system in cloud, i want to enter there also a snapshot URL, but i want the snapshot coming from HA , and not directly from the camera like i configured in HA

i dont want to expose my cameras externally with port forwarding

Ah so you want to send the cameras picture_entity URL.

Check out this thread and look at the HA URL used

1 Like

ok, will have a look later :slight_smile:

that indeed works! :slight_smile:
thnx

1 Like