Get the actual temperature of the MAX! wall thermostat as sensor value

I am using the MAX cube component which works very well

However I would like to use the actual temperature as a sensor to use it in other automations. Is there a way to extract this from the thermostat component?

I haven’t checked the code for this component, but if it’s like other climate devices, then you can get the temperature from the current_temperature attribute:

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      current_temperature:
        friendly_name: Current Temperature
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('climate.THERMOSTAT', 'current_temperature') }}"
        unit_of_measurement: # put whatever is appropriate here

Thanks a lot this works like a charm :upside_down_face:

study_temperature:
    friendly_name: 'Study Temperature'
    value_template: "{{ state_attr('climate.study_wall_thermostat', 'current_temperature') }}"
    unit_of_measurement: '°'         

Great! BTW, unit_of_measurement for temperatures is usually '°F' or '°C'.

Thanks found that one too :slight_smile:

In case someone wants to use the target temperature (set temperature) from the wall thermostat, this is the code for it:

study_target_temperature:
    friendly_name: 'Study Target Temperature'
    value_template: "{{ state_attr('climate.study_wall_thermostat', 'temperature') }}"
    unit_of_measurement: '°C'

This way I can use the cheap Max wall thermostat as temperature sensor and manual control for a room and run all automation (e.g. controlling the boiler and radiators) in Homeassistant.

I have 4 Hue motion sensors and find the opposite on all of them. All 4 are 1.5 to 2 degrees celsius LOWER than actual room temperature (checked with a medically calibrated thermometer).
It seems the Hue sensors are highly inaccurate on Temperature, and possbily quite inaccurate with LUX as well.
Short of individual calibrations, it looks like I will need an alternate solution for temperatures.