Getting all ZHA devices

In older HA versions, it was possible to get all ZHA devices with

{{ states.zha|list }}

but it seems that the zha.* entities have been dropped in new HA versions.
Is there any other way to get the list of ZHA devices?

This is great question. I would like to know that as well.

1 Like

No answer yet. I think it is not possible to get the list of devices any more, you can only get a list of entities with {{ states|list }}

What is the use case for this? There are web socket commands that return this…

Hi David, one usecase: an automation which regularly checks the battery state of zigbee devices. Another usecase: a reporting script generating a maintenance list of the zigbee devices.

2 Likes

Meanwhile I have 30 zigbee devices with battery, every few weeks a battery is empty and it needs a lot of time to find out why home assistant is not working like it should. without a good battery management and reporting my system is not very usable. I have been abroad for 2 months and after coming back, 3 devices did not work because the battery was empty. The house was cold because the temperature sensor did not work. If I had a chance to check the batteries every week, this would not happen.

I find this card to be a good way to stay ahead of any battery issues. Just check the card periodically for the battery levels.

This card needs a list of devices. I won’t type in a list. “states.zha” used to be exactly that list, but it stopped working.

Not if you use it in conjunction with the auto-entities card.

Here is my config:

- type: custom:auto-entities
    card: 
      type: custom:battery-state-card
      name: Battery Status
      show_header_toggle: false
      state_color: true
      color_gradient:
        - "#ff0000" # red
        - "#ffff00" # yellow
        - "#00ff00" # green
    filter:
      include:
        - entity_id: 'sensor.*_battery_level'
    show_empty: false
    sort: 
      method: state
      numeric: true

I never add any battery devices to any list. As long as they end in “_battery_level” (which almost everything should now unless it’s custom - but you can even change that too) they will automatically populate in the list.

3 Likes