Getting currently playing media information on Sony Bravia TVs

I’ve used chromecast for years and it gives very detailed information about what is playing and what app is playing it (e.g. the specific movie title on netflix or a song on spotify).
I recently bought a Sony Bravia TV and unfortunately the default HA component does not display the same detailed information. It supports TV channels alright but I never watch regular TV. Mostly just watch Youtube and Netflix.
Screenshot showing there is next to no information available while a youtube video is playing:

Is there any way to get this information from the TV and into Home Assistnat?

Lookup the android TV component: I’ve configured this for my two bravia TVs and it gives me tremendous detail including the name of the app and playback status regardless of the app being used. Requires you to enable adb on the TV, but has been running reliably for me for about 3 months now.

Ive only explored the Sony Bravia component up until this point!
Thanks for the suggestions, will check it out! :slight_smile:

Edit: I cannot believe I didnt read about androidtv before. I was ready to give up on it and plug my old chromecast back in it.

I have the exact same problem, how did you solve it??
What do you mean by andriod TV component?

There’s a component called androidtv that uses the debugging interface to get info from your android tv. Check it out :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you please provide more instructions on this?