Getting the default managed dashboard back?

Hi, I’m fairly new to HA. When I first modified the default dashboard, it said something that it’s currently “managed” and displays the sensors, switches, etc without you having to do it, and if I edit it it will no longer do that.

My question is: how do I get that back?

1 Like

Why?

The best feature of Home Assistant is that the dashboard is almost infinitely customizable. Ask 20 Home Assistant users to show their dashboard and you will get at least 20 different responses. I doubt that any two Home Assistant dashboards are alike. Even the starter dashboard depends on what devices and add-ons you have installed.

I really don’t know how to get the starter dashboard back, which is why I am curious- why? I have over 100 “things” on my 15 dashboard views and I would be very upset for the program to “manage” them for me.

If you must, then reinstall Home Assistant. My suggestion is that you design the ideal layout for your needs and let us help you go in that direction.

Thanks! I did in fact try Googling, but I didn’t see any obvious results.

Just add a new dashboard and choose default dashboard.

1 Like

Why not? What an unhelpful answer. I feel like with your viewpoint, you should petition Home Assistant to completely remove the auto-generated one from the software, if you feel that strongly about it.

I think it’s nice to be able to add a device and have a dashboard where I can see the switch right away, a of having to fiddle with it every time.

Thanks. I now see that I need to go into Settings and then Dashboards, and to not hit Edit on the dashboard screen.

I think for clarity, they could add a menu button for Dashboard Settings on that dashboard screen.