Geyserwise WIFI module integration (Request)

hi, it is disappointing that the wifi module from Geyserwise is missing the ability to set the temperature and schedules like you do on the actual device. Probably one of the most important feature for me.

@johannyellow

Hi all.

Itā€™s not stupid.

The reason for HA is to set automation to do this. I didnā€™t think twice as to why they didnā€™t make the schedule available.

I just made my own HA panel. I also wrote c++ to intercept , read and set data with mqtt which all works well.

Another use for using in HA is that you can buffer the geyser being on before a loadshedding schedule.

Not needed.

Make your own panel on HA and reset the GW panel to 0.

Hey Jack. How would you go about doing that?

You have access to on and off and thatā€™s all you need.

You just need to design a card to your desired needs. Time slots, days etc and then on and off based on those triggers.

How much home assistant experience do you have?

Thanks. I have a fair amount. I have a few automations in place. I just have no idea how it would read the load-shedding schedules from say ESP and then plan my geyser times around that. Iā€™m not sure how APIā€™s work. I do have ESP integrated into HA though and it does show the schedules on a card I setup.

Just focus on the card for now.

Easier but no interface would be to just do automation for days on and off. Simple

Thanks. I already have this.

What did you mean by ā€œbufferā€ when you mentioned this?

Another use for using in HA is that you can buffer the geyser being on before a load-shedding schedule.

Hi

I got the Geyerwise Tuya wifi replacement board and connected it to Home Assistant. It shows very little info in HA vs the Tuya app. How can I get the rest of the info like collector temp and pump status etc to show up in HA? FYI Iā€™m not a software programmer and I just started using HA today.

Hi

This is the reason I wrote custom software to integrate and also have it on the local network.

I have control of all settings and have all geyser readings

Hi Jack,

This is really awesome work, well done! I have replicated what you have done on the hardware side and it seems to be working when I use an IOS MQTT app to view the ā€œstatā€ traffic.

I am having a challenge with integrating the solution as a sensor into Home Assistant.
Could you possibly share your configuration.yaml and sensor card .yaml so that we can replicate what you have done.

It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi Tiaan

The basic data to read is set using a mqtt sensor:

- name: "Geyser Temperature"
  device_class: temperature
  state_topic: "stat/geyser/TEMP"
  unit_of_measurement: "Ā°C"
- name: "Collector Temperature"
  device_class: temperature
  state_topic: "stat/geyser/COLLECTOR"
  unit_of_measurement: "Ā°C"
- name: "Geyser Pump"
  state_topic: "stat/geyser/PUMP"
- name: "Geyser Error"
  state_topic: "stat/geyser/RESULT"
  value_template: "{{ value_json.error }}"

Hi Jack,

Thank you! I was close to getting it right.
Your .yaml configuration showed me where I went wrong.

I also now added the additional status items, switches and commands!

What a champion!

Good Morning Jack

I had an idea for this particular integration and internet searches led me to this post.

It really is awesome work

With regards to your Geyserwise unit: Do you have the geyserwise max and the replace the panel with a TSE 1?

Thanks again

Kenneth

Hi Kenneth

Correct. The reason I wrote own code is to get off the cloud and add more functionality.

I replaced the wifi module on the back.

This is the IoT board replacement:

Hi Jack

Your project looks great and I am very tempted to try it. Just one question. Would it work with multiple geysers? I would need to do two.

Well. You would flash two microcontroller and then integrate two with mqtt.

I was actually wondering if I would need to change the mqtt topics so they are different for each geyser? Or would it work without any changes?

That is a valid thought. I could build it into the manager setup when setting up the wifi and mqtt details.

You are right in that they would conflict as is.