Ghost device

Hi,

I have a device that’s been added to my HA/ESPHome system as a device, however it’s not showing up on the landing page.

i’ve tried deleting and re-adding it.

Very nice, but what is your question?

The integration and the add on are 2 different things. You can have devices in your integration which are created elsewhere. Or you can have removed the device from your add on. In which case you have lost the configuration.

You need to delete both of the devices and when asked for a HA restart to finish the job - need to do that too. Then just add the device again and ghost should be gone :ghost:

“however it’s not showing up on the landing page.”

the device is not visible on the ESPHome web interface where you would normally edit the Yaml or view logs.

I have a copy of all the configurations. as you may know esphome saves them to a subdiectory. some background; I had changed the name of the device and the hostname and thats when things went awry. as mentioned, i attempted to remove and re-add the devices. I got this far. the devices are added, I can see them, just not able to access them or see them via the web interface.

Do you have the yaml file in config/esphome?

fixed. I think.

1. deleted devices.
  2. uninstalled ESPHOME
  3. wiped both devices with python esptool
  4. re-provisioned with web.esphome.io
  5. restarted HA.