Giex smart water valve

Looks like there are two hardware versions with different timezones and other differences:

1 Like

IĀ“ve bought the same water valve but I get nothing out of it. I tried to pair it using Z2M but the device didnt show up. Even in the logs you can`t see a slightest evidence of the water walve willing to pair.

Did anyone have some ideas? I tried to get it in pairing mode by pressing the button for a long time, but it did not seem to be in pairing mode.

Do you need to buy the hub as well as the valve to work with zigbee2mqtt or will the valve on itā€™s own work?

Thanks

I just have the valve and it works fine with z2m (no hub). Itā€™s mostly OK, but there have been a couple of instances where a command to close the valve has not been acted upon (it stays open). Whatā€™s odd is that if I press the button on the valve in this instance, it does nothing, as if itā€™s received the z2m command and tried, but failed. I think itā€™s a problem with the device rather than a zigbee issue.

Thanks. I might have to give it a try.

Hi bob4.

I bought two of them. One works like a charm. The other has the same issue than yours. It lost itā€™s connection after a day or two. Thatā€™s sad because now we are on vacation and the tomatoes rotten up.

Have you solved the problem with the availability feature? When yes, what I have to do. Of not, what have you done with the device?

Mine has stopped working after a few months. Leaks, stopped turning off, now doesnā€™t even turn on, yet is still communicating to z2m reliably.

The seller stopped responding to my messages a couple of weeks ago.

I have replaced it with an RTX Zvg1 device but the timer cannot be changed from 10 mins and it restricts the flow rate.

The Giex would be great, but they just donā€™t seem to be built very well.

Did some of you also experience that the water pressure is lower with these devices? Or is there anything i should remove in order to use it right?

Hello, I am the factory manager at GIEX.

I apologize for not responding promptly to your message due to the network restrictions in our country.

I would like to explain that in 2023, we made a mistake by wholesaling the QT06 water valve to some distributors for online sales without ensuring proper after-sales service. I sincerely apologize for this oversight.

This year, we have introduced a new water valve (GX-02) that addresses some of the issues reported by users of the QT06. We collaborated with professional designers to give GX-02 a more stylish and compact appearance, as QT06 was perceived as bulky. The design includes a pull-out battery compartment for convenient battery replacement. The integrated pipeline design reduces the risk of malfunctions and leaks. Additionally, the plastic wrapping around the copper connectors not only ensures durability but also makes it easier to tighten the valve without tools, preventing harm to hands. We have incorporated a bright circular LED light due to feedback from QT06 users who found the red indicator light difficult to see.

Please contact me, and I will send you a new GX-02 water valve as compensation.

My contact information: [email protected]

3 Likes

All water valves based on the solenoid valve principle will reduce water pressure. I recommend using a ball valve if your water pressure is very low.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just ordered the new Giex GX-02 at Aliexpress, even though it is not supported by Z2M yet. Iā€™ll try it out and let you know how it is.

Thank you very much for your support. I will contact you through the provided email ([email protected]) if I encounter any issues during usage or have any feedback. If there are specific features youā€™d like me to test or if you have any other requests, feel free to let me know.

I look forward to seeing your product evolve in future upgrades. If you have any other needs or questions, please donā€™t hesitate to reach out. Once again, thank you for your collaboration and support!

following, Iā€™m also interested to get a Z2M capable value.

Hi,

I would also be interested in the GX-02. As Mine died now (I removed in in auttumn, now tried to make it back online but it seems not to fully work) so i would love to get another one but the quality of the ā€œoldā€ one was not really great ā€¦ Lets see if I wil get another try on thisā€¦

Thanks!

Could you post a link please ?

1 Like

can you post a link please @Giex

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EyldpED

1 Like

Great thanksā€¦ and this one is more robust than the old one? Mine does not work any more after roughly 6 months which is kind of sadā€¦

It should be based on the comments from the manufacturer.

Out of interest, your current one (the QT06), does it have a Giex Logo on the front? I had an early model without the logo and it failed quite quickly. I got a newer one (with a logo) and itā€™s been running well and actually feels more solid.

Ah good to know! I got an old one sadly as far as I know ā€¦ ā†’ No Logo :frowning: then I will try to buy a new one eventuallyā€¦