Gigaset Elements - Discontinues its services as of 29 March 2024

Hi @padavan

Good to hear things work as expected. I made a deliberate decision to create one sensor per (hardware) device to keep things maintainable. If you want a separate sensor you can easily create one by creating a template sensor in sensors.yaml as per below example:

- platform: template
  sensors:
    heizraum_temperature:
      value_template: "{{ states.binary_sensor.gigaset_elements_universal_0347272bd4.attributes.temperature }}"
      unit_of_measurement: '°C'

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi dynasticorpheus,
thanks a lot! Works perfect! Thanks again for your help and kind regards!

Hi there. Sorry for the ultimate newbie question - what exactly am I supposed to do in the “Configuration” step? I understand that I need to fill in the fields

gigasetelements:
  name:
  username:
  password:
  switches:
  code:
  code_arm_required:

… but in what file, where located? So far, I only copied the files from custom_components/gigasetelements into my (docker) folder homeassistant/custom_components/gigaset, but the Gigaset integration does not show up when I try to add a new integration.
I successfully (custom) integrated other packages (Free@Home, Gardena Smart System), just by copying the files, re-starting Home Assistant and waiting some time…

Would be great to get some help here.

Best, Niko

===
Update, found the solution myself - please don’t bother to re-act.
For other newbies around here: of course this is an entry in the config.yaml file, located (in my case) in homeassistant/ (same directory in whicht directory custom:components sits

Hi dynasticorpheus,

looking really good! Thanks for the all the work.

Is there anyway I can use this as a trigger for my Smoke Detectors to setup automation?
E.g. when I press the Test Button or when real smoke is detected. I would like to set some additional alarms using automation for this.

Thanks, your smoke detectors should be available as binary sensor?

e.g. binary_sensor.gigaset_elements_smoke_01ae40231a

Hi,

that’s correct, e.g:

Hi @dynasticorpheus,

any idea if the smoke detectors can be used within automation?

Thanks!

Not sure what you want to achieve but the binary sensor will (shortly) go from off to on when smoke is detected but this needs better code to be honest. Also smoke test is not yet detected hence will add in future release.

disclaimer: since we talk smoke detector don’t assume this will always work hence don’t put your life at risk :slight_smile:

I want to use it for an automation. So when the Smoke Detector gets triggered, my Sonos speakers make noice, lights go on automatically, etc.
I have checked it using the “Test required”, as I had one which needed testing, but couldn’t use it for automation as the sensor didn’t get triggered (see screenshot).

chrome_hvdBAdvvbI

Of course I’m not going to rely on it, but would be nice to get it working :slight_smile:

If you can add it in a future update that would be really appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Will do, for now adding “test” to DEVICE_TRIGGERS section in custom_components/gigasetelements/const.py should do the trick though. e.g.

DEVICE_TRIGGERS = [
    "button1",
    "button2",
    "button3",
    "button4",
    "movement",
    "open",
    "sirenon",
    "smoke_detected",
    "test",
    "tilt",
    "water_detected",
    "yc01.motion",
]

Hi,

for now adding ‘test’ seems to do the trick :-)!

Thanks for the help, really appreciated!

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much. I have been searching for a long time until I finally found a solution to control Elements.

Now I might have a problem with my motion sensors. Either they do not work, or I have not understood something correctly.
Is it correct that they should switch from “off” to “on” when there is movement?

I have created an automation, but unfortunately it does not trigger on movement:

alias: Funktionstest Bewegungsmelder 031c1797d3
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.gigaset_elements_motion_031c1797d3
    to: 'on'

If I look at the history, I also see only a static value. Am I doing something wrong?

Also in my dashboard all motion detectors are permanently set to “Normal” and the state never changes.

grafik

type: glance
entities:
  - entity: binary_sensor.gigaset_elements_motion_031c1797d3
  - entity: binary_sensor.gigaset_elements_motion_031c1798a9
  - entity: binary_sensor.gigaset_elements_motion_0324efc0d8
show_state: true
show_icon: true
state_color: false

And another question:
What is the best way to query the status for a fire alarm?
Is there a value that the control panel provides? Or do I have to query each smoke detector individually? Would the smoke detector then also switch from “off” to “on”?

@Loki81 Good to first check if you see any motion events in the official app or website https://app.gigaset-elements.com/#/events/ if not than of course nothing will appear in home assistant either.

Moreover perhaps turn on debug logging in configuration.yaml to see if motion events are reported or if anything else strange is going on? Feel free to share so I can have a look too.

logger:
  default: warn
  logs:
    custom_components.gigasetelements: debug

Your smoke sensor(s) should appear as binary sensors hence same as motion. Please note only the version 2021.12.0 and up can also detect smoke alarms triggered via test hence ensure you update if needed. Using HACS is most easiest to install / keep yourself informed on new updates.

Hi @dynasticorpheus

thanks for your answer.
I have successfully set up and tested the smoke detectors. It works great.

The motion detectors unfortunately still not. I don’t see any entries in the HA debugging. I don’t see any events in the Gigaset event logs either. But they work without any problems. For example, I have also created a rule in the Elements app that turns on lights at night when motion is detected. This works.
Did I miss something? Do I have to activate something in Elements?

Here again an excerpt of the logs of a motion detector

2022-01-09 11:25:17 DEBUG (SyncWorker_4) [custom_components.gigasetelements] Get motion ids: ['031c1797d3', '0324efc0d8', '031c1798a9']
2022-01-09 11:25:18 DEBUG (SyncWorker_4) [custom_components.gigasetelements] Sensor 031c1798a9 state: False
2022-01-09 11:25:18 INFO (SyncWorker_4) [custom_components.gigasetelements.binary_sensor] Initialized binary_sensor.gigaset_elements_motion_031c1798a9
2022-01-09 11:25:18 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=binary_sensor.gigaset_elements_motion_031c1798a9, old_state=None, new_state=<state binary_sensor.gigaset_elements_motion_031c1798a9=off; battery_status=ok, connection_status=online, custom_name=Bewegungsmelder, firmware_status=up_to_date, device_class=motion, friendly_name=Flur Bewegungsmelder @ 2022-01-09T11:25:18.094216+01:00>>
2022-01-09 11:25:18 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [139749389089856] Sending {"id": 2, "type": "event", "event": {"event_type": "state_changed", "data": {"entity_id": "binary_sensor.gigaset_elements_motion_031c1798a9", "old_state": null, "new_state": {"entity_id": "binary_sensor.gigaset_elements_motion_031c1798a9", "state": "off", "attributes": {"battery_status": "ok", "connection_status": "online", "custom_name": "Bewegungsmelder", "firmware_status": "up_to_date", "device_class": "motion", "friendly_name": "Flur Bewegungsmelder"}, "last_changed": "2022-01-09T10:25:18.094216+00:00", "last_updated": "2022-01-09T10:25:18.094216+00:00", "context": {"id": "971ad778287057237f579df23f76a4ae", "parent_id": null, "user_id": null}}}, "origin": "LOCAL", "time_fired": "2022-01-09T10:25:18.094216+00:00", "context": {"id": "971ad778287057237f579df23f76a4ae", "parent_id": null, "user_id": null}}}
2022-01-09 11:25:18 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.funktionstest_bewegungsmelder_031c1798a9] Loaded automation automation.funktionstest_bewegungsmelder_031c1798a9 with state True from state  storage last state <state automation.funktionstest_bewegungsmelder_031c1798a9=on; last_triggered=None, mode=single, current=0, id=1641503334907, friendly_name=Funktionstest Bewegungsmelder 031c1798a9 @ 2022-01-09T11:12:20.569367+01:00>
2022-01-09 11:25:18 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=automation.funktionstest_bewegungsmelder_031c1798a9, old_state=None, new_state=<state automation.funktionstest_bewegungsmelder_031c1798a9=on; last_triggered=None, mode=single, current=0, id=1641503334907, friendly_name=Funktionstest Bewegungsmelder 031c1798a9 @ 2022-01-09T11:25:18.373536+01:00>>
2022-01-09 11:25:27 DEBUG (SyncWorker_1) [custom_components.gigasetelements] Sensor 031c1798a9 state: False
2022-01-09 11:25:28 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.funktionstest_bewegungsmelder_031c1798a9] Initialized trigger Funktionstest Bewegungsmelder 031c1798a9
2022-01-09 11:25:37 DEBUG (SyncWorker_4) [custom_components.gigasetelements] Sensor 031c1798a9 state: False
2022-01-09 11:25:47 DEBUG (SyncWorker_5) [custom_components.gigasetelements] Sensor 031c1798a9 state: False
2022-01-09 11:25:57 DEBUG (SyncWorker_1) [custom_components.gigasetelements] Sensor 031c1798a9 state: False

@Loki81 So far my guess is issue does not sit at the custom component end looking at the logs and the fact smoke sensors work ok. Its really weird the gigaset elements app based automation works but no motion events are shown.

Can you perhaps install my cmd line tool

pip install git+https://github.com/dynasticorpheus/gigasetelements-cli@develop

and share json file created

gigasetelements-cli --username [email protected] --password secret --elements

@Loki81 Your json file looks perfectly fine, does below command yield any results? If not the only thing I can recommend is to remove the motion sensors via the app and re-add them and see what happens.

gigasetelements-cli --username [email protected] --password secret --events 10 --filter motion

Yes, but that’s not the result I would have expected, since we walk past the motion detectors at least 50 times a day.

grafik

@Loki81 Perhaps the motion sensors distance or thick walls are blocking signal towards base station hence only few motions end up registered? Perhaps try and test with one sensor close to base?

What is the result of below command?

gigasetelements-cli --username [email protected] --password secret -ss

Gigaset Elements - Command-line Interface v1.6.0b1

[-] Identity          | VERIFIED | User logged in successfully.
[-] Authentication    | SUCCESS  |
[-] Basestation       | ONLINE   | 9A485F34D0678DD08B9FD6BF1D89586D
[-] Status            | RED      | ENDNODE_OFFLINE | Modus HOME
[-] Basis Home        | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Annikalampe       | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Regallampe        | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Stehlampe 1       | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Weihnachtsstern Klein | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Esszimmerlampe Oben | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Rauchmelder       | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 0347199093                                                                                                                     
[-] Rauchmelder       | OFFLINE  | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 0347198D87                                                                                                                     
[-] Schlafzimmerlampe | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Flurlampe         | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Rauchmelder       | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 0335D180DE                                                                                                                     
[-] Fenstersensor     | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 0335A97EE6                                                                                                                     
[-] Bewegungsmelder   | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 031C1797D3                                                                                                                     
[-] Fenstersensor     | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 033E1776D8                                                                                                                     
[-] Alarmschalter     | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 033E3CABFA                                                                                                                     
[-] Küchenlampe       | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] TV Licht          | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Philips hue       | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Stehlampe 3       | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Sirene            | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | 031C01D7A6
[-] Stehlampe 2       | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Mikalampe         | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Bürolampe         | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Weihnachtsstern Groß  | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Bewegungsmelder   | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 0324EFC0D8                                                                                                                     
[-] Rauchmelder       | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 0335D181DA                                                                                                                     
[-] Rauchmelder       | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 0335D183B9                                                                                                                     
[-] Rauchmelder       | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 0335D1813D                                                                                                                     
[-] Rauchmelder       | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 0335D18247                                                                                                                     
[-] Waschküche        | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 0324D89F22                                                                                                                     
[-] Rauchmelder       | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 0335D180BF                                                                                                                     
[-] Bewegungsmelder   | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 031C1798A9                                                                                                                     
[-] Esszimmerlampe Unten | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Feuerwehrhelm     | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE
[-] Garagentür        | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 033E3C755A                                                                                                                     
[-] Wohnungstür       | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | 033E3C7403                                                                                                                     
[-] Fenstersensor     | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | temperatur                                                                                                                     e 17.0 | pressure 987 | 0335A97EE6
[-] Fenstersensor     | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | temperatur                                                                                                                     e 18.4 | pressure 987 | 033E1776D8
[-] Wohnungstür       | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | temperatur                                                                                                                     e 19.4 | pressure 987 | 033E3C7403
[-] Garagentür        | ONLINE   | firmware UP_TO_DATE | battery OK | temperatur