Give HA some sound

Implement it just like the vibration is implemented in the android app. No need for it on PC browser…The mouse click is audible enough for 99% of people to know that they, in fact, have clicked their mouse.

1 Like

That is my preference. Just add a toggle to enable audio feedback in the app. Simple and clean.

3 Likes

I think there is a larger issue of automations and interaction with the UI.
As an example you cannot use navigate in an automation, so you cannot have a button person a service call AND navigate to a url (as an example).

I think in this case there should be two calls similar to navigate. One being vibrate, and the other being play_sound. This should be accessed via an automation so your on-tap can do a service call and then vibrate, play a noise, etc.

These services can be implemented under possibly notify, but as far as I know you in an automation you cannot determine which device triggered an automation, only the user. Sounds can already be played (Sounds | Home Assistant Companion Docs), the automation framework just needs to figure out how to call virbate, navigate, play_sound outside of:

1. having to display a notification
  2. executing an automation based upon device ID