Give HA some sound

Hi. can i give HA some sound? for instance a “click sound” when toggling light switches?

Thanks
Refael

Please no!!!

5 Likes

QFT x a million.

I think this is already possible via automation and a media_player.

no.
i’m talking about the home assistant app.
is it possible to hear sound in the app?

Refael

Ah ok. Maybe it is possible with this project:
https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-player

Thanks.
i’l try it and write a feedback to this topic

Refael

I believe @refael65 is referring to GUI sounds for clicking on buttons etc… no thanks! that’s the first thing I try to disable on anything new that I get. eg: TV

OK. i’l pass.

“I dont like this feature, therefore nobody should get it”. Guys we can make it an option that can be toggled on and off… just like homeassistant android app does with vibration. Tap sounds would help get a feedback whether a button has been actually pushed or not, instead of the kids clicking three times be sure that the garage door is opening.

5 Likes

I also want this feature especially for my wall mounted dashboards. I don’t want to use a browser app, the native app for tablets is way more responsive. I can’t get tap sounds from the OS layer, they don’t seem to apply to actions in the HA app

2 Likes

How is this not in the app? If it can vibrate why not give us the option to play a sound instead? Would really love this for my fire tablets as they have no ability to vibrate on touch. Very surprised this is not a feature.

3 Likes

Because you haven’t coded it yet😄

1 Like

To avoid creating a duplicate request, I’ll add my comments here.

Sound feedback for the UI would be great, especially if you could customize the sound through lovelace.

I have some “tasks” dashboards in which a nice sound (zelda_chest_open.mp3) would add some fun!

The sound I want is an acknowledgement that the assit has heard you, my speaker is out of sight on the shelf and when I say the wake word a little bleep to say it has heard would be good.

1 Like

Audio feedback would be a great for those desiring more accessibility considerations. I’m currently using Home Assistant in kiosk mode to power my smart mirror, and audio feedback would be a welcome feature.

2 Likes

I also second this request.
Moved from a nextion NSPanel to a android NSPanel Pro with companion app.
On nextion I coded a short beep, that confirms if an action button is pressed (no menu navigate buttons etc.).
This is really helpful to get an instant feedback if the cmd was fired.

Yes. Sound feedback when using HA the web UI (via Fully Kiosk or not) is a great idea! We need this. Otherwise, you keep double pressing buttons wondering if the UI didn’t register your touch or if it’s just automation running slow.

This is a crucial interface feature. We need it.

Unfortunately, the original request was poorly worded as a heading. I am going to post a new request. All those who wants this, this being: interface click feedback sound, please vote on it.

In order to intuitively disguish between the interface not registering a click (the button being too small, the touch being too light, the icon/word do/don’t register inside/outside the clickable area, etc) vs an automation or device responding slowly (which is quite often with a large device set) (even a one second delay would instinctively cause one to attempt a second button press, which might then result in a double action if it’s just responding slowly), we need a simple “click” sound when an interface button is pressed.

I am not sure if this is already something that exists in the companion app. But it doesn’t exist on the web UI.

I think it’s a rather basic feature a lot of people would find useful.

Thank you.

Audible feedback sounds great for my setup in the mobile app and kiosks :ok_hand:
Would be nice to have a disable option as stated by @zd3sf.

The trick is where do you implement this?

• Companion app setting?
    This would cover mobile and most kiosk setups but excludes browser users.

• User setting?
    Covers all devices if permissions permit the output of sound but what if I want it disabled on some devices and not others (ie no on PC yes on phone)

• Directly in the dashboard?
    The ability to set a custom sound to every clickable element sounds intense. a hold could make a different sound than a tap and so on. To keep it simple it would probably be best if the made default sound then the admin enabled sound feedback for a dashboard in its settings. Some big brain can then make a hacs project to add the supper custom stuff.

(All of these seem to lack the ability to disable/enable audio feedback per device in the browser.)

Perhaps the best is a hybrid approach using a little of each. Allow an admin to set up a dashboards feedback. Users have their settings for if they ever want it at all. The companion app setting would allow for a more per-device preference.

After looking at the issues and complexity of adding it you can start to understand why it is not already a feature. It may be an annoyance for some but an overall improvement.

@itnassol “The sound I want is an acknowledgement that the assit has heard you”
I feel this is a very different request than UI feedback but I fully agree there should be some configurable chime for keyword wake and once it has heard you and is processing the request.