GLEDOPTO RGBW LED controller

Hi

i’ve recently bought the gledopto rgbw led controller and i’ve successufully integrated it in Home Assistant with the zigbee2mqtt addon. I can set the color, the brightness ecc… but i cant set the effects to the led strip!

even if i manually set light effect :

• platform: mqtt
    schema: json
    name: LED_STRIP
    state_topic: “zigbee2mqtt/0x00124b001d3ac596”
    command_topic: “zigbee2mqtt/0x00124b001d3ac596/set”
    brightness: true
    rgb: true
    color_temp: true
    effect: true
    effect_list: [Disco,Slow_Temp,Strobe_epilepsy!,Strobe_color,Alarm,Police,Police2,Christmas,RGB,Random_Loop,Fast_Random_Loop,LSD,Slowdown,WhatsApp,Facebook,Twitter,Stop,Alba,Candela,night,Tivu]
    qos: 0

what did i do wrong?

This is not a valid JSON array:

[Disco,Slow_Temp,Strobe_epilepsy!,Strobe_color,Alarm,Police,Police2,Christmas,RGB,Random_Loop,Fast_Random_Loop,LSD,Slowdown,WhatsApp,Facebook,Twitter,Stop,Alba,Candela,night,Tivu]

You have two options:

Convert it to a valid JSON array and put it on the same line as effect_list:

effect_list: ["Disco","Slow_Temp","etc"]

OR

Convert it to a valid YAML array:

effect_list:
    - Disco
    - Slow_Temp
    - etc

thanks… i’ve changed the array but nothing happened.

name: LED_STRIP
    effect_list: [“Disco”,“Slow_Temp”,“Strobe_epilepsy!”,“Strobe_color”,“Alarm”,“Police”,“Police2”,“Christmas”,“RGB”,“Random_Loop”,“Fast_Random_Loop”,“LSD”,“Slowdown”,“WhatsApp”,“Facebook”, “Twitter”,“Stop”,“Alba”,“Candela”,“night”,“Tivu”]
    qos: 0

looking in the log file i found this record --> zigbee2mqtt:error 3/25/2019, 2:25:04 AM No converter available for ‘effect’ (RGB)

Sorry. I don’t know enough about zigbee2mqtt to understand what this means No converter available for 'effect' (RGB).

Maybe I can help if you provide a sample of the command_topic's payload.

I don’t know anything about this, but was curious and looked around…I came across the following…maybe it will help. Look about 2/3 way down and you’ll see someone’s HA config.

https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/580

Looks like the effect list is numeric (see this post).

hi even with the configuration posted i still receive the same error --> zigbee2mqtt:error 3/25/2019, 7:19:59 PM No converter available for ‘effect’ (6)

name: “My Office Light RGBW”
    xy: true
    qos: 1
    optimistic: false
    effect_list: [0, 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5, 6, 7, 8]

@Koenkk can you please help me?

As far as i know there a no light effects built in to zigbee2mqtt. You can hope that it will be built in someday or make your own automation for it in HASS…

Hello there,

has anyone tried to create an automation to simulate a color loop effect with Zigbee2mqtt ? I wrote one, but it seems to make Zigbee2mqtt crash, maybe too many requests ?

2 Likes