Gledopto, zigbee2mqtt and home assistant issues

Hi all,

I have a Gledopto RGBW (1ID) controller. It’s attached to an LED strip which turns on and off when motion is detected. This seems to work pretty well.

That said, I have a couple of issues:

1. If I set any attriubutes in node red e.g. {“brightness_pct”: 50, transition:1.5} and switch the strip on, it abruptly turns on to that colour. If I don’t set any attributes it nicely fades on. Has anyone else encountered this or found a way to make this work as intended? The strip can be quite bright and can be startling at night if it just suddenly comes on at full brightness or even half brightness.

2. Sometimes the ability to control the gledopto device via home assistant’s UI stops working. I can toggle the switch in the UI (or inject into my node red flow) but nothing happens. The LED strip just stays either off or on. In the zigbee2mqtt logs I can see the message is sent, but nothing actually happens. Any ideas?

3. With regards to number 1 above, when I turn the light on via node red I see the following message in my zigbee2mqtt log:

INFO: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/gledopto1', payload '{"brightness":51,"color":{"x":0.491,"y":0.39},"color_temp":354,"linkquality":228,"state":"ON"}

I have a transition set at 2 seconds but this doesn’t appear to be passed along to the gledopto device, even though the zigbee2mqtt site lists transition time as being supported.

Thanks in advance,

C

1 Like

same here.

This last message is the state report of Zigbee2MQTT as response to your change request. Although noted on the device support page, transition is not an attribute that can be read, it’s a command argument and therefore not persistent.

I am also facing this issue, has anyone found a work around?

In the end, I decided gledopto is a rubbish product. I contacted their support and they stopped replying.

I have now moved to something a bit more hands on, but cheaper.

I use an esp32 devkit-c V4 board. You can flash it fairly easily with WLED. You can use jumper cables to connect the header pins with the led strip.

If you are pushing a high current then you likely want some fuses. Or you can buy a quinled dig Uno or dig quad. They are a little pricey but offer a lot of value for the money.

Hope that helps.